• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

1st place

NSGDdoesdyes

So me and my buddy played a doubles tournament today... needless to say, it was insane. It was the First Anagural Square Mile Doubles tournament at Indian Springs in Trafalgar IN. The tournament was a bring your own partner doubles. It consisted of three rounds of 9 holes with different tee and pin placement during each round. Alot of the shots were in the 600 to 1000 foot range. It was freezing rain and there was all kinds of wind blowing during most of the day... and night. I have been playing for about two months now and I took a good friend of mine that has been playing for almost two years. We played right under the open division and took first place. We led all three rounds and took 30 bucks a piece. It was definately my best disc golf moment yet.

Congrats on the win. If it was as nasty outside in Trafalgar as it was here, that makes for some horrible conditions. It kept me inside all day, and unfortunately I spent all day inside at my work.

Weather like that can either be the great equalizer bringing everyone down or really separate the players that know how to deal with it....

We played Advanced (I'm the partner) & first place paid cash. There weren't very many teams & Greens fee's came out of the entry fee's. Being prepared for the bad weather big time helped us win that event. I'll never play a day of bad weather disc again w/o a shammy.

Thanks for sharing that guys. Way to go! It is cool that you did that under tough conditions.

I had planned on it being my first Open event but due to the weather my Open partner cancelled. Probably a good thing cuz my roomie NSGD & I took home Am gold. Lucky for me he learned the way most of us should, putting in the backyard for a while before going out to a course. Good times

Nice job! I hope someday I'm the only person that shows up to a tourney so that I have a chance at winning!

GREAT JOB, i love to play in nasty weather not because it feel good but because it makes me focus and execute on a higher level. keep it up bro.

Bad Weather? nice!

Plus there's usually nobody on the course to see you play crappy, and theres never lines to tee off. My best round ever at Acorn Park was played on a rainy day when nobody else was there.

To top it off, I even fished seven discs out of the pond with my retriever after the round. None had any name or number written on them, except a DX Eagle which had the words "Big Bird" written in large letters on the underside. Money!

Latest posts