• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Memorial Championship presented by Discraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize Jacob"Cupcake" is on the Innova Juniors team and is not some random kid? The kids Dad is the main person in the clip smashing the cupcakes. Clearly it was all in good fun... On Smashboxxtv last night Paul confirmed it was pre planned by the dad and Jacob thought it was funny and even made a funny comment that wasn't picked up on camera. This forum loves to get riled up too quickly without knowing the whole story.

So where are all the salty apologys from all the folks that jumped on the bully train before knowing the whole story???

Anyone......

Bueller......?

Haha, JohnE didn't take any responsibility for acting like a clown. This will happen again, guaranteed.

Last edited:
Johne is a great guy. Met him last year twice and the second time he approached me and addressed me by name. I'll always be a fan

The cupcake-gate was after the tournament not during.

Thanks for clarifying. Yeah in that case JohnE could have definitely played it better, but that's who he is. I'm sure Paul understands. I've got friends that are passionate and get caught up in the moment. Doesn't make them bad people.

Everyone else is throwing out their opinion so why not...

I'm not siding with either player, both come across as good guys. If I had to guess Paul's financial situation is pretty different than JohnE's, and if he is goofing around and taking unannounced breaks that might come across as the top player not respecting his competitors quite as much as he should, so IMO yeah JohnE had a legit grip.

It's on Paul to communicate he is taking a bathroom break, and the rest of the card to be cool and let him. If Paul didn't communicate where he was JohnE had reason to be frustrated, especially if the cupcake incident had already happened.

JohnE could have been cooler about the whole situation, but he seems like a passionate guy...nothing wrong with that.
Paul could have been more professional, but he is younger and wanted to have some fun while playing a fun sport...nothing wrong with that either.

Congrats to Paul on a big win, and looking forward to seeing Nate on the lead card this year love that guy.

This was my original thought that I conveyed earlier. Definitely a lot of McBeth apologisers on here. I guess Johne's salty way of doing the right thing was a result of the top pro disrespecting the group. A lot of responses I got were that McBeth told everyone... turns out to be false. I don't think Johne would post that if it were not true.

So my question is now... did McBeth take his warning? Or was it blown off after breaking a rule of the game during a major tournament? Please only answer if you know. A lot of speculation on here from people that don't really know.

Johne is a great guy. Met him last year twice and the second time he approached me and addressed me by name. I'll always be a fan

Same thing with me. He was fantastic. I also met Wysocki and he was a good funny dude. I tried to meet Paul once, but he blew me off like I was a bug. I respect his game though.

This was my original thought that I conveyed earlier. Definitely a lot of McBeth apologisers on here. I guess Johne's salty way of doing the right thing was a result of the top pro disrespecting the group. A lot of responses I got were that McBeth told everyone... turns out to be false. I don't think Johne would post that if it were not true.

So my question is now... did McBeth take his warning? Or was it blown off after breaking a rule of the game during a major tournament? Please only answer if you know. A lot of speculation on here from people that don't really know.

Well JohnE never actually warned him after being informed by nate that he was eligible for a warning. So I'm not sure what your talking about. JohnE's explanation of events never mentions issuing a warning, only 5hat he could have

A lot of responses I got were that McBeth told everyone... turns out to be false. I don't think Johne would post that if it were not true.
Terry Miller says in the youtube video that Paul told his group. He was right there during the whole ordeal. Why would Terry lie?

Rocking a cross the size of Flavor Flav's clock and attempting to portray yourself as a humble sevant of God does not explain or excuse your basic inadequacies or mental frailty, up to and including sportsmanship and fairness in what is only a game.

Hey now, if they had run into some very-small Jesus on the course with murder on his mind you would be praising JohnE as a hero!

This confuses me... he thinks ppl care that he called McBeth for an infraction... it's like... uh no, you were an ass about it is why. No one is saying 'don't uphold the rules'... why the hell are he and his fans acting like people don't want McBeth playing by the rules

But he never called an infraction! Just made a huge scene for no reason!

Terry Miller says in the youtube video that Paul told his group. He was right there during the whole ordeal. Why would Terry lie?

I guess only the guys on the tee really know. Until one of them disputes what he said, I will stand by the word of the only guy there that has spoken about it.

I guess only the guys on the tee really know. Until one of them disputes what he said, I will stand by the word of the only guy there that has spoken about it.

So terry, who was standing less then 5 feet from the whole group the entire time is a liar? Or just an unreliable source?

I'm not sure what you're asking? You get warned or you don't, you don't have an option to 'accept' a warning.

People behave differently in competition differently than they do outside of it. If Paul did not inform the card and get consent to go take a piss then getting a warning is quite appropriate and JohnE, though he came off badly, was in the right. Not something I personally would have done but I don't live close close-to-the-bone scraping a living together playing disc golf.

I've played casual rounds a number of top Pro in the 40+ age range and they have told some pretty interesting stories of how cut-throat competition is during play.

OK, I'm not gonna wind up the crowd here. I'm guessing nobody was there. Maybe we will find out more later, but so far only one person has spoke. We shall see.

I've played casual rounds a number of top Pro in the 40+ age range and they have told some pretty interesting stories of how cut-throat competition is during play.

Yeah those guys are all pretty brutal when it comes to calling stuff specifically to gain an advantage. Barry Shultz likes to say "you gotta get your strokes somehow"

Incidentally, was Paul McBeth throwing a champ Monster during the Memorial?

It seems to me that Simon needs a better selection of control discs if he ever wants to stop his OB parade. Seems to do him in more than any other factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts