• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 USDGC

I have my money on Sexton this year. :thmbup:

Congrats Nate! Cant think of a more deserving pro to get that title and what a special moment to have his baby and wife there as well.

Also, thank you Nate winning me many discs from betting you would win it LOL

Heck yea. Awesome win for Sexton! And the Brinster-esque moment with the wife and new baby girl in there for the hug, gotta love that. Congrats to one of the best guys on tour. :clap::clap::clap:

Edit: ^Jinx, you owe me a soda. :p

Meanwhile at the other end of the spectrum... Locastro +12 and Koivu +18, the latter being the joint worst round of the entire field and including a 12 on hole 13.

Nothing against Ricky or Paul but it's nice seeing others winning big events. Seems like several top players are finding ways to compete instead of Paul/Ricky falling off much. Just more fun when it's less predictable.

Nothing against Ricky or Paul but it's nice seeing others winning big events. Seems like several top players are finding ways to compete instead of Paul/Ricky falling off much. Just more fun when it's less predictable.

For sure. You want some parity in the game.

Paying to "volunteer"??? Don't see me ever doing that. Sounds like a scam.

I used to be a marshal for the LPGA tournament in the ATL area. We had to pay $25 or so for the collared shirt with the tourney logo, which I didn't mind as I still can and do wear those shirts. In exchange, we got fed pastries and coffee for breakfast, subs for lunch (and Chick-fil-a gave us a coupon for a free chicken sandwich), and the volunteer dinner.

Then I asked about the BellSouth Classic (PGA event), and they charged $75 to volunteer. I stuck to watching ladies playing golf.

Nate's bogey on 18, when the victory was locked up, was his first negative-scoring hole since 11 in round 2. Impressive and totally fitting his style.

Congrats Nate! Cant think of a more deserving pro to get that title and what a special moment to have his baby and wife there as well.

Also, thank you Nate winning me many discs from betting you would win it LOL

Heck yea. Awesome win for Sexton! And the Brinster-esque moment with the wife and new baby girl in there for the hug, gotta love that. Congrats to one of the best guys on tour. :clap::clap::clap:

Edit: ^Jinx, you owe me a soda. :p

^^^ These. Awesome for Nate!. :clap:

Side note: Wonder what his sig disc will be?

This has to be fake news. I've read that married guys can't win.

Ive been waiting for Nate to win a big one for some time. It couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

From my personal experiences with Nate, a USDGC ring could not go to a more deserving guy. A great player and an all-around awesome dude. Proud to have caddied for him at the PFDO this year. Congrats Nate!!!

So, okay if I understand this pattern. Its like you are a great disc golfer for twenty years, kicking ass but seemingly getting edged and taking too many second place finishes and what not.

You bang your wife again and again kind of like the law of averages kind of thing she finally slips she is pregnant you have kid(s).

And finally you keep banging it in to win a USDGC championship arguable testing only the best golfers on the planet.

WELL NATE CONGRATS ON YOUR PERSISTENCE TO PUT IT IN THE HOLE!!!!!!!!!
Is there a "not nice" button?....

Congrats to Nate! Well deserved IMO . That last round was fun to watch and saw some great competition. I'll admit I teared up a bit at the baby kiss moment. Good stuff :)

Yeah, but then he'd have to putt again, which he didn't. Hence, if he was warned then he failed to hole out. Therefor we have to assume he wasn't called....

No, you don't re-throw for a marking violation. It's not the same as a stance violation. If you want to discuss further take it to the Rules forum.

Hopefully a sig usdgc glow firebird or star xcal for the occasion. I would love spin tv to add a firebird counter to the post produced final round coverage. :) I could also see dgu store or supreme flight doing something for the occasion.

USDGC doesn't get a signature disc. Maybe a special run of something like the tour series discs.

Meanwhile at the other end of the spectrum... Locastro +12 and Koivu +18, the latter being the joint worst round of the entire field and including a 12 on hole 13.

I followed the Barry, Nikko, Brinster card and Barry was about the only one on that card having a good day. Brinster and Nikko just couldn't seem to put it together.