• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2017 winter bag

VictorB

* Ace Member *
So I'm always tooling with 1-2 slots in my bag, but most things are settled for the most part. Going back to some old dependable favorites after trying a lot of new stuff last year, as I hadn't played much at all in the 3 years prior.

Distance drivers
175 S-line DDx
171 S-Line DDx
175 FR Icon Mongoose
175 Star McBeth Destroyer
The DDx is where I've landed and found to be quite happy for the first time with a real distance driver. The mongoose is for tailwind drives and distance rollers. The star destroyer is for sidearms and long distance hyzer shots.

Control/Fairway Drivers
175 Z Predator
175 C-Line PD
175 S-Line PD
167 S-Line PD
175 P-Line PD
175 Icon Patriot
The PD has long been a staple in my bag, and I've gone back to throwing Predators as the in between for destroyers and C-Line PDs. Tried the enemy, xxx, felon, and scythe, but none of them really did what I wanted - that long, very high speed stable portion of the flight with a later hard fade, all which the predator does and does well. The patriot is in there almost as a longer midrange, and I use it for rollers from time to time as well. I could happily take out all the distance discs in my bag and just use these drivers, as they have every shot covered I'd need.

Midranges
175 BT Medium Harp
180 KC Pro Roc
177 DX Roc
176 DX Roc
176 Z Comet
Speaking of old dependable discs...Rocs and comets have made their way back into the lineup. Ghosts were good - great, in fact - but the gravity ghosts didn't start out quite as overstable as a new DX Roc, and the combination of lack of Protege plastic runs and not liking any premium plastics for my midrange discs, I've gone back to the Roc. If protege becomes readily available and has good shape and feel (and starts out more overstable than gravity) I'll probably go back to ghosts. Obviously setting up a cycle like I always do, with the worn in Z Comet filling the 'flippy roc' slot for now (and in future winters). The harp is my 'check up' approach disc, or when I need to hyzer hard from the tee but don't want much of a skip.

Putters
175 classic hard judge
175 classic soft judge
175 classic blend judge (x2)
The judge has been my go to putter since it came out, and I don't ever see that changing unless I get a sponsorship somehow (HA!) Hard plastic for straight to hyzer drives and upshots, beat up soft for turnovers and finesse straight shots, and the blend are only for putting (in the winter - will change back to prime in warmer months)

Oh and this is my setup in my zuca cart with GripEQ L-frame. I'd cut one Roc, the light PD, and the mongoose if I were to carry my UPD Shift.

Latest posts