• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2019 Beaver State Fling A-Tier

Barefoot744

Bogey Member
Does anyone have any information on the Beaver State Fling Am Lottery?

Website says that the Am Lottery signup ended last night and I assume that means they will draw sometime today?

Has anyone on here ever entered this event? Know what the odds are of actually getting in?

PS I have not problem with the lottery, I think it is a decent solution to their large numbers. Just getting real excited and already took the week off; I'm going weather I get to play or not.

Lottery winners will be posted within the week. Looking at last years event, the list was posted 5 days after the signup ended.

Regarding the odds...I've entered for the MA1 division all 8 years that the lottery has occurred, making it in once. Last year there was close to 600 entries in the lottery, but I'm not sure what the breakdown is by division.

I have had the extreme luck in getting in 2 out of 4 years in MA1. Lots of people get in off the "waitlist" so if you don't get in check the list. Why I put "waitlist" is that I believe all the names are randomized in list form in the divisions. The first # of slots, say 72 for MA1, get sent invites then the rest #73 through whatever # amount entered are on the waitlist in order.

PS. I'm pretty sure this is accurate from what I remember. Good luck!

Jeff Hagerty just posted all the lottery stats yesterday on Facebook.
Good luck!

Jeff Hagerty
3/26/2019, 10pm
2019 BSF Amateur Lottery Update

Lottery registration closed at midnight last night, and this morning I downloaded the final report and culled all of the duplicate entries. For those of you who are curious, I try to make this as fair as possible for everyone, so I take all of the entries, sort them all by PDGA number and delete any duplicate entries. In the case of someone who entered both MA1 and MA40, I deleted the MA1 entry.

I started 640 total entries and culled it down to a total of 597 players vying for 144 spots. The divisions broke out like this:
DIV --- Avail. Spots --- Lottery # --- Approx %
FA1 ---------16 ------------- 40 --------- 40.00%
FA40 --------- 8 ------------ 16 --------- 50.00%
MA1 -------- 72 ----------- 353 --------- 20.40%
MA40 ------- 32 ---------- 125 --------- 25.60%
MA50 ------- 16 ------------ 63 --------- 25.40%

I'm working out a few final details before I pull the names for the lottery, but it won't be too terribly long. Bear with me.

Maybe someone posted on this somewhere and I missed it, but I don't see Paul McBeth signed up for the BSF this year. Is he skipping it for some reason? Bullseye? :confused::confused:

There is a Pro only A tier sponsored by DC in michigan the same weekend that could explain it. They haven't opened registration yet tho…

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/39154

Ok, but man, why would you throw a pro-only A tier the same weekend as the BSF?... unless you were only expecting local pros.

I'm going--to spectate, and I'd be a bit disappointed if Paul wasn't there to kick the competition up a notch.

Ok, but man, why would you throw a pro-only A tier the same weekend as the BSF?... unless you were only expecting local pros.

I'm going--to spectate, and I'd be a bit disappointed if Paul wasn't there to kick the competition up a notch.

Ill be spectating as well and really hope McBeast shows up!!

I agree its strange, especially considering he will be at the Portland Open but he is also signed up for Tennessee State the week after PO and before BSF. It would be awesome to watch Mcbeth play Panther Creek... hopefully there is a crew there.

A-tiers aren't necessarily for the touring pros. There are over 100 A-tiers over the course of the year. I'd say only about a third of them could be considered "tour" level, by which I mean ones that expect to draw a notable number of touring players, such as the A-tiers on the off-weekends like we're seeing right now...Throw Down the Mountain, TX States, St Patricks, Nick Hyde, etc.

My understanding is McBeth is going to USADGC that weekend doing promotional stuff. Site of his first -18, signature Discraft event, seems a no-brainer. It's not like he needs to hit all the NTs or DGPTs to be in the running for those overall titles.

I agree its strange, especially considering he will be at the Portland Open but he is also signed up for Tennessee State the week after PO and before BSF. It would be awesome to watch Mcbeth play Panther Creek... hopefully there is a crew there.

McBeth is also signed up for 2 Days in May in Virginia the same days as the Portland Open

There is a Pro only A tier sponsored by DC in michigan the same weekend that could explain it. They haven't opened registration yet tho…

https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/39154

I'm not sure the Kzoo A-Tier is sponsored by Discraft. It is on the fabled 2013 Worlds Timber Ridge course. Rarely open, outside of huge events......a beast of a course. I would love to see PM give it a run.

A-tiers aren't necessarily for the touring pros. There are over 100 A-tiers over the course of the year. I'd say only about a third of them could be considered "tour" level, by which I mean ones that expect to draw a notable number of touring players, such as the A-tiers on the off-weekends like we're seeing right now...Throw Down the Mountain, TX States, St Patricks, Nick Hyde, etc.

My understanding is McBeth is going to USADGC that weekend doing promotional stuff. Site of his first -18, signature Discraft event, seems a no-brainer. It's not like he needs to hit all the NTs or DGPTs to be in the running for those overall titles.

I think USADGC at Toboggan is a far more likely reason for PM to not be playing Beaver.

Latest posts