• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Ace Race 2010 - What's it gonna be?

How do you feel about the 2010 Ace Race disc?

• Total voters
Am I the only one that thinks these are really similar, just slightly more beveled?

attachment.php

Was trying to find profiles of some other Rocs to see if one matched up perfectly.

Attachments

• AceRace Disc.JPG
    AceRace Disc.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 163
I keep looking at the Roc comparrison and I have to say; if Innova made this disc, it would be called the Roc-L.

Is there anyone that really needs something in between a wasp and a drone? I've had both in my bag at one point (and still use the Z Wasp) but I can't imagine a situation where i would need something in between. Wasp goes straight with hyzer finish, drone goes really left (RHBH).

Looks like a beaded Nebula to me. Great. They give up on a mold that is actually kind of useful and made it something useless. Honestly, who needs anything more o/s than a Wasp?

Where does it say it's more overstable then a Wasp? I'm actually hoping for a faster Wasp with the comfy grip of a Buzzz.

Is there anyone that really needs something in between a wasp and a drone? I've had both in my bag at one point (and still use the Z Wasp) but I can't imagine a situation where i would need something in between. Wasp goes straight with hyzer finish, drone goes really left (RHBH).

It seems like it would take the place of both the Wasp and Drone. It sounds like it would be a good compliment to a stable mid like a Buzzz or Comet. I used to carry the Drone then realized I can use the Flick for everything the Drone does then I used to carry a Wasp, but it was too similar to the Buzzz and not as versatile. Maybe this disc will bring the overstable mid back into my bag.

wow last thing we need on the market is an overstable mid.

Discraft really needs to reevaluate what they need to put on the market.

wow, some ignorant people on this site. Bash the disc before you throw it, great idea. Just because you cant see the point of using a certain disc, does not mean it useless. Some people do like over stable discs, namely anyone who is not a complete rookie at this game.

Keep throwing your old plastic, change is bad right?

And those of you wishing for a comet, give me a break. They are not going to release an existing mold for an ace race. That defeats the purpose of the event.

Where does it say it's more overstable then a Wasp? I'm actually hoping for a faster Wasp with the comfy grip of a Buzzz.

http://discgolfacerace.com/

It doesn't actually. I'm starting to think that maybe they're combining a Wasp and a Nebula here to sort of phase out both. :\

wow, some ignorant people on this site. Bash the disc before you throw it, great idea. Just because you cant see the point of using a certain disc, does not mean it useless. Some people do like over stable discs, namely anyone who is not a complete rookie at this game.

I'm not bashing the disc, I'm bashing the rationale behind creating it. They had essentially this exact same disc in terms of stability (assuming here obviously since I haven't thrown it) in the Nebula and instead of trying to fix their mold consistency problems they supposedly had, they went and made another Roc ripoff. It might be a great Roc ripoff, who knows?

Last edited:
Honestly, who needs anything more o/s than a Wasp?

wow last thing we need on the market is an overstable mid.

Discraft really needs to reevaluate what they need to put on the market.

Ever payed in the wind? I mean wind too, not a 10-15mph breeze. Anything less then a drone will flip in a 30mph head wind.

Ever needed to throw a 150-180' sharp Anny "S" curve? Your not going to make that shot with anything but the MOST OVER STABLE DISCS.

And I watch people fail over and over to make shots I do with a drone. Go a head and try and toss your driver, and I'll sit back and watch it skip away, while I park a drone.

I am stoked to have this disc coming out, especially since wasp's are slowly going away. Cant wait till my order gets here to fondle these things.

Ever payed in the wind? I mean wind too, not a 10-15mph breeze. Anything less then a drone will flip in a 30mph head wind.

Ever needed to throw a 150-180' sharp Anny "S" curve? Your not going to make that shot with anything but the MOST OVER STABLE DISCS.

And I watch people fail over and over to make shots I do with a drone. Go a head and try and toss your driver, and I'll sit back and watch it skip away, while I park a drone.

I am stoked to have this disc coming out, especially since wasp's are slowly going away. Cant wait till my order gets here to fondle these things.

No, I've never payed in the wind. :p

Also, this

Last edited:

Yeah, I can see definite potential in this disc. My home course routinely has winds of 30+ mph.. enough to make my SM Roc turn over. I'm definitely going to test out the Ace Race disc.

I suppose in some areas of the country there is the need for discs that can withstand all sorts of rare elements and conditions but I don't know how feasible it would be for a company to make discs for them.

How do you pay into the wind? Wouldn't the money blow away?

I am so glad I use Innova discs mainly. It seems as if Discraft continually tries to copy what Innova has already done. I was looking forward to this years Ace Race, but I'm no longer sure. I don't care to replace my Rocs anytime soon.