• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone tried dyeing a disc that already had Tye Dye on it?

jskatt21

Par Member
Just curious as to how this might turn out. A buddy of mine has one that he wants to be a solid red. Has anyone tried this and if so what were your results? He is sick of losing tye dye discs.

I've dyed stuff on to i-dyed champ discs and they've turned out fine, so the red dye will more than likely take. Depending on how bold the existing tye dye pattern is, he may still end up with several shades of red though.

I did this one.

I think as long as you use the right colors you should be fine.

DSCF1205.jpg

Do you people throw discs into tye dyed bushed or something? How hard is it to see 4 unnatural colors all mashed onto one disc? Seriously, I just don't get it.

\/\/

Yeah, strange to me too. I've got a friend that's not gonna buy anymore i-dyes because of that as well.

The mixed colors blend a lot more, plus a lot of tie dye stuff I have seen includes green, which might as well be invisible in tall grass (it took 15 minutes to find a guys green champ teebird yesterday in the tall grass)

only time I ever lost a tye dye disc was because it went swimming.

\/\/

Actually, i've had THE hardest time finding discs that are tye die. I think it depends on the pattern, but multi-colored discs break up the surface area of the colors, thus making you keep your eyes out for smaller chunks of colors.

I've dyed a few tie-dye discs, and it has always turned out fine.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

thanks for the excuse of posting up some dyes. :)

What's the zig zag on?

Elite X Discraft ??? It was a one I one on request for someone, and I really don't remember what model it was, only that it was Elite X plastic.

Actually, now that I thnk about it, all of those are now sold. :thmbup: