• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are overstable putters overrated?

Are Overstable Putters Overrated?

• Total voters
One thing I forgot to add to my contribution here was that my Rhyno comes out when I need it(it used to be harp) I attempted to make most shots with ym main throwing putter. That is another issue

I used to throw harps a ton, but recently I've actually found more use out of a mortar for both harp and overstable mid lines. Maybe it's just me but it sits down so well I see no reason to keep throwing harps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to throw harps a ton, but recently I've actually found more use out of a mortar for both harp and overstable mid lines. Maybe it's just me but it sits down so well I see no reason to keep throwing harps.

I question what "Harp lines" are. That is like saying "Roc lines", IMO. I;ve got Harps in my bag from pure beef (176g Moonshine) to flip-to-flat workable (Beat BT Hard). I can throw spike hyzers or glidey turnovers and annys with a Harp. Just like a Roc.

I question what "Harp lines" are. That is like saying "Roc lines", IMO. I;ve got Harps in my bag from pure beef (176g Moonshine) to flip-to-flat workable (Beat BT Hard). I can throw spike hyzers or glidey turnovers and annys with a Harp. Just like a Roc.

I did use to season harps but I mean a fresh bt soft which is in the pure beef category.

Here's my thing, I'm really not a mean guy but is he serious?? Or effin with people. I said something to him once and he was all defensive about his ADHD and then I felt bad but fusgesicles man!! Im not gonna hate on him but had to say something.

ADHD does not make one a jerk...being a jerk makes one a jerk.

Between inane comments, disruptive behavior, and data that is just wrong, he needs to be banned.

I've basically been in this camp for a while. I like the Harp a lot but I think I'm gonna go back to the Sp Breaker for similar reasons you're using the Mortar. My stablest mid is just like -.5, 2 so the Breaker is like a slow OS mid for me. Splitting hairs but the bead and bluntness of the Breaker gives less ground play than the Harp does.

So what about not super OS putters? What about challys, big bead Aviars, wizards, Omegas, prowlers and such? I like to beat them to US and keep a couple on hand. cover ally lines with one disc? Are these putters useless?

So what about not super OS putters? What about challys, big bead Aviars, wizards, Omegas, prowlers and such? I like to beat them to US and keep a couple on hand. cover ally lines with one disc? Are these putters useless?

No. See the linked thread in the OP. Major difference from workable OS molds to flying turds.

Even something on the lines of a zone can qualify while very OS it still flies on a line given its speed for a putter. While there are mids just as OS yet dont fly and vise versa...

Last edited:
The reason that I use an understable putter is that I putt fairly softly. That is, when I throw the putter, I don't "drill it" into the basket. With a soft throw, it will hold a very straight line out to about 35'.
The bottom line, for me, is that an understable putter will hold its line longer, with fewer adjustments. I putt the same target and angle out to about 35', I only adjust the distance.

For windy days, I use a Zone or a Warlock for better stability. But its just not that windy around here.

Paige Pierce agrees and that's why DD made the Deputy for her.

It is one of the most epic threads in dgcr IMO with tons of good info if you can weed thru.

I did some of the work b4 here:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2899688&postcount=649

Gold... Steez you alive?

Fun read. I don't think some of you understand the concept and that fine. Nothing wrong with os mids and like i said/quoted before its nothing to get your undies in a bunch over but rather a good concept to understand as a new player.

Those who think it's an attack on there os bag well... Don't worry there isn't much help for you anyways. Some great points and still stand by my original posts. Os mids might not be POINTLESS but there are ahell of a lot of other discs which excel at lines/shots much more than these molds being discussed. Now go throw some plastic.

Steez- do you actually play dg or just hang with DanE all day?

It is one of the most epic threads in dgcr IMO with tons of good info if you can weed thru.

I did some of the work b4 here:

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2899688&postcount=649

The stuff in there makes sense, maybe you could direct me to more of that? That's the kind of stuff I came here for. I'm not a hardcore minimalist,but it's becoming that way slowly. The only reason I have different putters for throwing and putting is comfort level. I don't like the grip on deep dish for throwing,nor shallow for putting. I'd rather learn what a disc does that I feel comfortable with then learn how to feel comfortable with a disc. I do want one throwing putter, knee putting putter, I have one mid mold and I'm almost certain that my speed nine just kinda worked itself out and since I don't throw anything above that right now once I find my speed seven mold I'll be set for a while. I'm trying to get a"core mold" style set up going.

Latest posts