• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Are there any noo-USA majors in 2017?

Seabrook

Par Member
Just looking at the PDGA website under the 2017 Major schedule and there are no events scheduled outside the USA. For example the US Pro Worlds is on the list but no date. Does this mean no Aussie Open or European Championships on the major schedule?

Frankly I don't think the Aussie Open hasn't proven itself to be ready for major status but I am surprised not to see the European Masters or Championships.

I believe the U.S. Majors are currently the only ones up for bidding. The International Majors get added when they can confirm they can host the event upon coordination with the PDGA office for scheduling.

Just looking at the PDGA website under the 2017 Major schedule and there are no events scheduled outside the USA. For example the US Pro Worlds is on the list but no date. Does this mean no Aussie Open or European Championships on the major schedule?

Frankly I don't think the Aussie Open hasn't proven itself to be ready for major status but I am surprised not to see the European Masters or Championships.

None are listed because none have been scheduled yet. I'm sure there will be a European major and probably an Australasia one as well, but until they have a date/venue selected, no sense in listing them.

Latest posts