• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Steady Ed HOF Classic PDGA NT

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Say goodbye to Turkey Gulch as Jackson has gotten a facelift...

https://www.pdga.com/news/wr-jackson-course-gets-facelift-ahead-hofc
First erected in 2007, the W.R. Jackson Course at the International Disc Golf Center in Appling, Georgia, is the crown jewel of the Professional Disc Golf Association's global headquarters. Originally clocking in at more than 9,500 feet and boasting a par of 68 from the long tees, it's long been featured at PDGA Major events – namely, 2017 Pro Worlds and the 2011 PDGA Championship – and has anchored the Ed Headrick Disc Golf Hall of Fame Classic since it opened.

But as disc golf has grown, so has the need for some changes to the revered track. And that doesn't happen overnight.

In fact, it's taken roughly two years. Now, with the Hall of Fame Classic set to put a bow on another PDGA National Tour season in two weeks, Jackson is ready to be unveiled after a labor-intensive facelift spearheaded by IDGC Manager and HOFC Tournament Director Zach Shafer and IDGC Assistant Tom Lynch.

Six new holes, three more short tees, and the removal of holes 11 through 13 – previously known as the oft-maligned "Turkey Gulch" – highlight the main revisions to the layout, which ultimately keeps the par at 68 while adding significant distance to bring its new length to 10,485 feet.
Event info...

https://www.pdga.com/hofc
https://www.pdga.com/tour/event/33791
https://udisclive.com/live/hofc2018?TournID=33791

WOW! Looking forward to seeing the new layout in the Jomez Coverage!!! They made the course Longer......:eek: Definitely one of my bucket list courses.

Looks like it could be a wet start to the weekend at the IDGC. Hopefully damage is minimal.

094401_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Going to be tough on practice this week.....

By Saturday & Sunday, it should be glorious.

Just a question of whether it gets out of the way by Friday morning.

Iirc, both those courses are mostly dirt fairways, right? Its gonna be a mudfest on the teepads...

Iirc, both those courses are mostly dirt fairways, right? Its gonna be a mudfest on the teepads...

There are 3 courses at the facility. The MPO/FPO fields are only playing one of the courses. But yes, if it rains anywhere near the amount they are predicting, it will be a mudfest. Who's the best mudder in the field?

There are 3 courses at the facility. The MPO/FPO fields are only playing one of the courses. But yes, if it rains anywhere near the amount they are predicting, it will be a mudfest. Who's the best mudder in the field?

Don't they play the Steady Ed course once, then Jackson twice? They did that last year i think anyway.

Weird that there is no mention of the hurricane on PDGA.com. I did find an article on Ultiworld...

"We're still anticipating on moving forward with the event as planned," said Tournament Director Zach Shafer. "But may see a delay or cancellation to Friday's round should the courses see some trees come down creating risk management concerns. Obviously, a cancellation of Friday's round is very worst case scenario."

Weird that there is no mention of the hurricane on PDGA.com. I did find an article on Ultiworld...

"We're still anticipating on moving forward with the event as planned," said Tournament Director Zach Shafer. "But may see a delay or cancellation to Friday's round should the courses see some trees come down creating risk management concerns. Obviously, a cancellation of Friday's round is very worst case scenario."

Announcement about it on the PDGA front page and registered players got an email yesterday with the same message.

They did last year. They are not this year. Steady Ed is a blue level course and is not really appropriate for the MPO division.

Steady is a lot of fun though...but I definitely get them not playing it. On that level it's a birdie or die kind of course.

They should just about be done with the storm by now, and be able to assess the course.

Yeah, curious as to what if any damage might have happened? Hope everybody is OK in Appling.

It looks like the IDGC took a direct hit. Hopefully there isn't too much damage. Was there any damage at Stoney hill?

It looks like the IDGC took a direct hit. Hopefully there isn't too much damage. Was there any damage at Stoney hill?

I know the Upstate has got hit with lots of rain and wind...haven't heard much from the Midlands...

The damage didn't seem too bad when I drove in Rock Hill today. Just small branches and political signs got blown down.

Same...I haven't heard of any hardcore damage...just some flooding in lower areas I think.