• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Axis Discs

I love some MVP mids. But even a beefy Vector can't cut left like a Gator. And while the Axis is straight, and holds lines great, it can't ooze off to the right like a Gold Line Fuse. Axis and Vector are great discs, not going to argue that. But 'replace all your mids'? I just can't board that ship.

I recently got an axis in a trade and I'm really inconsistent throwing it. My release is all over the place with it. It might be because the plastic seems pretty soft and I do not go well with soft discs. Maybe I'll give it another test round within the next few days.

My 2 mids are a Z buzz and Axis, I know they sorta over lap but they work for me. I use the Axis for anhyzer shots and longer shots, and the Z buzz for tighter low ceiling shots or ones that fade left.

Yeah I'll agree with the "lighten your bag" opinion. I don't follow that advice, but if you already throw a Roc, Buzzz, and Core, where exactly does an Axis fit in? I love me some mids and carry the full Latitude trifecta (Fuse, Core, Pain). The only reason I have a Buzzz too is because I haven't broken in the Core yet and I know the Buzzz better than any other disc in my bag. If I were to pick up two MVP mids and a Roc too it would just be stupid. You're pretty much in the same boat.

I have a 9/10 green Axis that is 173g I'd be willing to part ways with. Mostly looking to trade it for an Ion or a back up to my Anode. Please PM!

I use the Vector and the Axis as my only mids, hell they're half my bag really, but I feel they do the job required by most midrange duties, I actually can't say I've had any midrange problems that these guys can't get me out of. But that's just me......

My 2 mids are a Z buzz and Axis, I know they sorta over lap but they work for me. I use the Axis for anhyzer shots and longer shots, and the Z buzz for tighter low ceiling shots or ones that fade left.

Looking at the inbounds flight chart, the Axis and the Buzzz have identical numbers. The Core is also very close.

I like the Buzzz for what it is, but the one thing I've found with mine, an X line 0f 170 grams or so, is that it is the shortest disc in my bag. I can throw my Aviar PA as far.

Latest posts