• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axoim Pitch

texasissouth

Double Eagle Member
Approved/on the PDGA site.
More blunt Glitch it looks like? Probably won't be as stable.

Also I can't edit the thread title, rip

pitch-pdga-announcement.jpg

Pitch

Specifications
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 2.0cm
Rim Depth: 1.6cm
Rim Thickness: 0.8cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 7.5%
Rim Configuration: 79.75
Flexibility: 4.20kg

Glitch

Specifications
Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 2.0cm
Rim Depth: 1.6cm
Rim Thickness: 0.8cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 19.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 7.5%
Rim Configuration: 66.50
Flexibility: 3.41kg

I'm looking at my Glitch real closely, and the profile of the Pitch looks very similar. The profile of that particular Pitch shown looks to be ever so slightly domier than my Glitch which is rather flat after the shoulder raise.

Hard to tell given the low resolution of the pic. The win shape of the Glitch is ever so slightly concave, while the wing shape here appears to be ever so slightly convex to flat.

I thought MVP had said that the geometry of the Glitch prevented it from being made in weights higher than 155g. If that is true I don't see how this disc changes that at all...unless they have changed a mold to be able to inject a denser plastic somewhere to get the weights to 170+? Then I suppose it would need to be PDGA approved and have a name change that rhymes with glitch so they can differentiate? idk...this is interesting and I am very curious if this is a sister to the glitch but different flight characteristics or the older brother that is 170g.

my kids gonna love having a disc that flies like a glitch but in prettier colors. she already picked what she wants when i showed her the teaser - purple & teal.

if these go up to the 170's I might bag one myself. Glitches are fun but I don't like 150g discs as much as 170-180g.

image.png

To me the wing shape of the Pitch looks significantly different from the Glitch. Glitch has that lower concavity I assume is responsible for it's HSS, Pitch is lacking that somewhat, it's more rounded/blunt.

So what is the application of a flippy glitch?

Shots that actually flip at lower speeds. The glitch is great at low speeds but you have to put it on an angle if you want it to turn.

Something that I can throw flat or airbounce and have go right is nice. I bagged a very beat polecat for this sort of thing for a while. Hyzer flip to turn jump putts are fun too.

I actually don't like the glitch much for 60-100' putts, likely cause I am used to being able to putt a touch hyzer and have it flip to flat. Glitch just likes to hold...

Shots that actually flip at lower speeds. The glitch is great at low speeds but you have to put it on an angle if you want it to turn.

Something that I can throw flat or airbounce and have go right is nice. I bagged a very beat polecat for this sort of thing for a while. Hyzer flip to turn jump putts are fun too.

I actually don't like the glitch much for 60-100' putts, likely cause I am used to being able to putt a touch hyzer and have it flip to flat. Glitch just likes to hold...

Airbounce turnover? That's awesome.

Airbounce turnover? That's awesome.

Not terribly practical but lots of fun. A lot of times freestylers use a similar shot for passes because the disc comes down so flat and slow with lots of spin.

As far as the pitch goes, if its slightly flipper (has any turn) and is available heavier I would probably prefer it for golf over the glitch.

Not sure if that would stand if I lived at a lower elevation.

That's where the spin comes in.... 3P bumped the spin thread so I pulled mine back out and I've been running it beside the glitch all week. My Sparkle proton Spin is really nice for those shots, there's one hole here with about a 30' elevation drop, a wrong way dogleg and only about 220'... I can bomb the spin out nose down but flat and it just shapes it beautifully. The downside is it doesn't hold height the same as a glitch on those 40-80 footers.

I wouldn't get too excited about max weight pitches, the glitch is also approved to 176g...

I wouldn't get too excited about max weight pitches, the glitch is also approved to 176g...

Glitch is approved to 176 because of a standard calculation based on the diameter of the disc from what I understand. MVP has stated the overall geometry prevents them from going above 155g. In my other comment on this thread I mentioned that, unless MVP is going to use a more dense plastic on the flight plate, this disc is likely to have the same weight characteristics.

That said, i wonder if they are doing the Envy/Atom/Proxy where there is a common core but different rims. So maybe the Pitch is a more US compliment to the glitch.

That's where the spin comes in.... 3P bumped the spin thread so I pulled mine back out and I've been running it beside the glitch all week. My Sparkle proton Spin is really nice for those shots, there's one hole here with about a 30' elevation drop, a wrong way dogleg and only about 220'... I can bomb the spin out nose down but flat and it just shapes it beautifully. The downside is it doesn't hold height the same as a glitch on those 40-80 footers.

Spin is on the short list of discs I am considering trying this year. Ideally in proton/neutron soft. I currently throw in a beat electron envy or broken in polecat when I really need something flippy which isn't often since I like throwing mids/putters with both spins.

I love the flight of the Glitch so much. I want a colored rim one, but I am really not all that interested in a different flight from it. I'll probably try one anyway, but as of now, I can't see it kicking the Glitch from my bag. Also, the name is horrible.

Spin is on the short list of discs I am considering trying this year. Ideally in proton/neutron soft. I currently throw in a beat electron envy or broken in polecat when I really need something flippy which isn't often since I like throwing mids/putters with both spins.

I like the broken in electron envy, that and a plasma are always itb.. the uplink took the long "spin shots" the glitch took the short ones... but the glitch doesn't hyzer flip or do a flat to turn as well. I guess what I'm saying is when there were less options the spin had more use in my bag... I really like my oop proton spins, not as big on the neutron and the electron is considerably less stable, I'd be trying it out but I gave it away.

Glitch is approved to 176 because of a standard calculation based on the diameter of the disc from what I understand. MVP has stated the overall geometry prevents them from going above 155g. In my other comment on this thread I mentioned that, unless MVP is going to use a more dense plastic on the flight plate, this disc is likely to have the same weight characteristics.

That said, i wonder if they are doing the Envy/Atom/Proxy where there is a common core but different rims. So maybe the Pitch is a more US compliment to the glitch.

I'm not sure but the plastic Flexibility is harder on the pitch and the rim configuration is different otherwise all the numbers are the same.

As far as heavier glitches a proton soft otb ohm is **** decent

I love the flight of the Glitch so much. I want a colored rim one, but I am really not all that interested in a different flight from it. I'll probably try one anyway, but as of now, I can't see it kicking the Glitch from my bag. Also, the name is horrible.

What's wrong with the name? It rhymes with Glitch, so that shows it is a relative of the Glitch. And maybe it is intended for when you need to 'pitch' up to the basket?

rim shape has me expecting a more understable flight. seems a general rule is concave rims are more os while convex are more understable. firebird bottom vs roadrunner for example.

As MikeC stated if it goes max weight I'll buy one in a heartbeat.

Won't ever own a Glitch for the same reason.

Latest posts