• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

B-Tier First Flight, Joliet, IL March 24th & 25th

AcesandChains

Birdie Member
Am-B/Pro-C tournament.

Two 18+ hole rounds at Highland Park, in Joliet, IL.

Pre-registration is highly encouraged. This tournament sold out last year by Thursday, two days prior to the tournament. Plus, by pre-registering, you help us run a smoother tournament.

Special Note: Just like at Wild West last year, I will be adding 3 FREE CTPs each day that will be for pre-registered players only.

Pre-register at: http://www.acesandchains.com/node/790

Day of Registration (if spots are available) and Check-In will be between 8am-9am both days. Please check in when you get there.

Players meeting will be held at 9:15am. Tee off at approx. 9:30am. Players will meet by the parking lot at tournament headquarters.

Tentative division schedule:

Saturday:

Advanced
Recreational
All Am Masters divisions
All Women's divisions
All Jr.s

Sunday:

Pro Open
All Open Masters
Intermediate
Novice

Cost is $35 for Ams, $55 for Pros....$10 more if you are not a current PDGA member.

Just about to order them. I have a lot of choices this year.

Considering ordering some CFR Metal Flake Champion Destroyers, Gators, Katanas, Leopards, Roadrunners, and/or Wraiths. But I'm curious to hear what tournament players think of them......and what your favorite flavor is...

I also plan to order CFR Glow Archons, Aviar Drivers, Coyotes, and CFR Campion Vulcans, along with Crystal Buzzz's, Challengers, Stalkers, and some tournament stamped Glow Buzzz's

So, there's quite a list. And of course, you have a whole store of stock stamped discs to choose from as well.

Just about to order them. I have a lot of choices this year.

Considering ordering some CFR Metal Flake Champion Destroyers, Gators, Katanas, Leopards, Roadrunners, and/or Wraiths. But I'm curious to hear what tournament players think of them......and what your favorite flavor is...

I also plan to order CFR Glow Archons, Aviar Drivers, Coyotes, and CFR Campion Vulcans, along with Crystal Buzzz's, Challengers, Stalkers, and some tournament stamped Glow Buzzz's

So, there's quite a list. And of course, you have a whole store of stock stamped discs to choose from as well.

Every choice sounds wonderful! Those cfr metal flake one sound awesome

First Flight Flyer

I've attached the flyer for First Flight.

Art is courtesy of Chicago Muralist (aka: Nuker on this board). My thanks again! :thmbup:

Attachments

• first flight 11x17 flyer.jpg
    first flight 11x17 flyer.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 39
Discraft custom stamps ordered

Ordered the following custom stamped discs from Discraft:

Crystal-Z Buzzz
Crystal-Z Stalker
Crystal-Z Challenger
Glo-Z Buzzz
Glo-Z Nuke
Glo-Z Stalker
Tye Dye Z Buzzz
Tye Dye Z Nuke

Innova order to go out soon....

I have a fever. And the only cure is more Discraft.
EDIT: in ESP. Z is for people with time on their hands. Takes too long to beat in.;)

Huge Players Pack!

I have decided on the players pack for First Flight:

Pre-register ($25 total value):

T-shirt
Poster
Birdie Bag
Microfiber Towel
*Stickers (if I can get them done in time.)

Walk-ups ($15 value):

Poster
Birdie Bag
2 Microfiber Towels
$5 Aces and Chains Card

If you pre-register by March 7th, you can reserve your shirt size. Pre-registrants after March 7th will not be guaranteed to get the correct shirt size (though I will try my best to accomodate everyone.)

This is my first time trying to support such a large players pack. I'm trying to add value to my tournaments, especially for pre-registered players, as that makes our job so much easier. So please, consider pre-registering, and get yourself a T-shirt for your troubles!

CTPS

Please note that I will not have the three free CTPs for pre-registered players. Instead, I added the T-shirt to the players pack for all pre-registered players. I can't seem to edit my first post, so I'm giving notice here.....

AAA's First Flight - New Sponsor!

I'm very proud to officially announce that AAA is sponsoring this year's First Flight tournament - making it a full B-Tier!

Rufus Cathey of AAA was able to get this sponsorship for us. Please keep him in mind for your next insurance quote. (I'll have his info available at the tournament.)

AAA stepped up to support the sport. Let's show them the love and support they deserve!

Update

The order for Innova went out last week too. No metal flakes this time. I'll save that for the tournament in Mokena. Ordered the previously mentioned CFR discs (Glo Coyotes, Archons, TeeBirds, and Champ Vulcans) along with some tournament stamped Blizzard Wraiths, Bosses, and Destroyers.

The T-shirts should look really cool. Black Long sleeve tee with Icarus (from the poster) on the chest in a metallic bluish silver ink. Can't wait to see them.

Birdie bags are in, and posters are on the way.

Suddenly, I feel like I'm channeling a bad TV sales ad "And that's not all! It makes a great stop on the way to Bowling Green! Women will swoon! Cures balding, dry skin, and incontinence. It'll curl your hair too. What are you waiting for? Get yours today!" Lol.

I thought they wanted some ridiculous fee to hold an event at the Oaks.

Iron Leaf at The Oaks in Mokena

The Iron Leaf at the Oaks will be 4/21 & 4/22. It is a PDGA sanctioned C-Tier. I have not posted anything about it yet because I haven't finalized everything with the Mokena Park District yet. Once I rent the pavillion and fill out their paperwork, I'll feel more comfortable publicising it. Probably in the next week or two.

I will be adding a $2 per person course fee to the tournament fee. That money will go directly to Mokena. That is the compromise that I worked out with the Mokena Park District. Mary Beth at Mokena have been great to work with so far.

This will be the first PDGA sanctioned tournament at Mokena since Illinois State in 2007.

I have decided on the players pack for First Flight:

Pre-register ($25 total value):

T-shirt
Poster
Birdie Bag
Microfiber Towel

Walk-ups ($15 value):

Poster
Birdie Bag
2 Microfiber Towels
$5 Aces and Chains Card

Not sure if I'll be able to play this one. If so, I would probably not preregister because I would rather have $5 funny money than a t-shirt and poster.

Would you be willing to substitute funny money for the t-shirt and poster for preregistered players?

Latest posts