• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bag Mod: Feet on bottom of bag

Jammer89

Bogey Member
Has anyone on here added luggage feet to their bag? I have seen threads concerning bag mods, including plasti dipping. I want to do that but I am also considering adding luggage feet to help reduce direct wear to the bottom of the bag. I found these in a quick search:
imagejpg1_zpsa57abedd.jpg

Found them on a site called hardware elf.

I want to run a couple of these from front to back on the bottom of my Voodoo Karma.

Here is my bag as is.
imagejpg1_zpsde23a599.jpg

I think 2 or 3 of those runners on the main section would keep it off the ground and the added waterproofing from the plast dip would keep the bag in great shape for quite a while. Thoughts?

How would you attach? I was thinking about a similar deal and was going to put a cutting board or something down in the bottom so I could use screws.

How does it attach? If it's with screws you will need to seal up the holes.
But other then that it should workout awesome, id say do 3 of them judging by the size of that bag.

I hadn't thought about needing to seal holes afterwards. That's a good point. I believe they do use screws to attach so a lightweight cutting board is a good call too. I'll have to do some more research. I like these bars over individual feet so far, simply because they should support the bag better.

I was thinking 3 as well. The ends with the storage space and water bottle holders would sag on the ground but with the plast dip they should be ok.

I hadn't thought about needing to seal holes afterwards. That's a good point. I believe they do use screws to attach so a lightweight cutting board is a good call too. I'll have to do some more research. I like these bars over individual feet so far, simply because they should support the bag better.

I was thinking 3 as well. The ends with the storage space and water bottle holders would sag on the ground but with the plast dip they should be ok.

Based on my plasti dipping experience I'd say you are better off with a healthy dose of 'dip instead of rails. Otherwise you'll need to get quite creative with the attachment to make sure you don't create more new wear points & holes for water to creep in. This likely means cutting board inside to attach (wear purposes) and THEN plasti dip after attached to seal. I've not seen any issues with (properly applied) plasti dip easily wearing through or losing its water proof seal.

Based on my plasti dipping experience I'd say you are better off with a healthy dose of 'dip instead of rails. Otherwise you'll need to get quite creative with the attachment to make sure you don't create more new wear points & holes for water to creep in. This likely means cutting board inside to attach (wear purposes) and THEN plasti dip after attached to seal. I've not seen any issues with (properly applied) plasti dip easily wearing through or losing its water proof seal.

if there is a proper baseplate (like the cutting board idea from above or a rigid piece of plastic) along the whole bottom section then you could use T-nuts to hold everything securely.

t-nuts.jpg

from there you could put a piece of thin rubber in-between the bags fabric bottom/plastic plate/t-nut to create a water proof seal that will hold the fabric in place tightly too. (this is what I did with some cycling cleats).

5710947865_1f91a4f889_z.jpg

I just used Truck Bed Lining on my bag. I have a video of me sliding it down a toboggan slope without any wear and tear. Its much better than Plasti Dip and last longer. A minor sidestep in the threads original thought but its a much better alternative to plasti dip which doesnt last near as long.

One of the guys I play with just put bigger, taller (2"×3"ish) round feet on his bag where the stock little ones are