• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] best stable driver

Dr.feelgood

Par Member
I'm looking for something in a speed 8 or 9 that will make a small s curve and go about 350-375 when thrown with moderate power. I would consider myself a power thrower and some I've tried are just too flippy. I'd prefer if it didn't have too much glide so I could still throw it off a hill.

Welcome to the site!

A MVP Volt will give you that type of flight. It's one of the best fairway drivers in the game.

QJLS is a very stable straight driver in that range that will beat into a s-curve, hyzer flip to stable, and eventually turnover disc. A P-PD will beat into a s-curve after several tree hits and doesn't have a ton of glide before the fade kicks in. The problem is that most discs that s-curve for that speed and distance you're looking for are normally loaded with the glide you're trying to avoid.

A little slower, but an eagle-x would be what I'd use.

I'm trying to avoid the volt, I tried it and it seemed kind of unpredictable in the wind.

If you felt the Volt wasn't enough, maybe you could move up a notch in MVP's stability to a Shock.

If you felt the Volt wasn't enough, maybe you could move up a notch in MVP's stability to a Shock.

I already have a shock in my bag, I like it but its a little too over stable for what I'm looking for.

Latest posts