• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best TAPE for taping on LEDs

I'll reiterate the importance of attaching the tape while warm/dry/clean - indoors warm (even use something like a hair dryer or space heater) and clean with rubbing alcohol to remove dirt, oils, and to ensure it is completely free of moisture before attaching tape.

I'll reiterate the importance of attaching the tape while warm/dry/clean - indoors warm (even use something like a hair dryer or space heater) and clean with rubbing alcohol to remove dirt, oils, and to ensure it is completely free of moisture before attaching tape.

I totally agree with this if you're using packing tape. I had a lot of issues with packing tape starting to peel off when at all wet and it was probably because I didn't take any of the precautions that you mention.

However, in my experience clear Duct tape has stuck really well regardless of my discs being clean or getting wet (snow rounds, etc.).

Clear packing tape is a no.
Clear duct tape has worked well for me, unless it usually cold, that's the 20s around here.
I think the frost king tape would be better for cold weather.

Haven't read a single post, but...

Super 33+ electrical tape (3M or Scotch). Can use this stuff in -20 degree weather with no problems.

As always, apply tape to a warm, dry disc. If it is cold or wet, don't try to change the light to a different disc.

I've never had a problem with the clear packaging tape coming off, maybe because I put it on dry warm discs. But I found out the lights occasionally turn themselves off on a tree hit, so I started putting two lights on.

3M Clear duct tape. Secret is hav discs clean, dry and at room temp when applying the tape. Cold discs don't work well

Pro Tip: In the winter, set your bag outside for a few hours before play. The snow won't stick to the discs

First things first - the end of daylight savings time blows. It sucks an hour out of daytime golf every day. I've decided to try LEDs so I can play at night without having to worry about charging glow discs. I'm using the lights here http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=2 and taped them on with Scotch clear packing tape. This worked fairly well but on a couple of hard tree hits the LED came off the disc. My question is this: What's the STRONGEST CLEAR tape you guys have found for taping on LEDs? I was wondering if anyone had tried this Gorilla tape: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EUGCT22/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER ?

Thats the EXACT tape i got from home depot. It works amazingly!! crystal clear and WILL NOT come off. I prefer this stuff over the semi-clear 3M duct tape. Thats stiff can start peeling on the edges and evetually come off. Also the gorilla tape is completely waterproof as well. I was raking for a blinking red disc for almost half an hour in the middle of a pond and the water never got to the LED. I was honestly surprised. I thought it would have failed after a few minutes of being submerged.

Last edited:

Latest posts