• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bulby dye (QOTSA) Star Beast

BennettUA

Lefty Activist
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I've been a Beast fan since my first round of disc golf, but never went to the Star plastic because the Champ had worked so well for me.
Then I lost my Dead Bear Beast, and had to get a new one. I can't stop listening to Queens of the Stone Age right now, so I slapped Bulby from Era Vulgaris on my disc.

Everything came out great. I tried to paint the smoke edge and shadows with dye, but my brush was still to wide. Still looks good though. Came out great, he really **POPS!!**

I also dyed the underneath rim of the disc in the same pinkish-red as the background.

4683268319_9e277b0a2a.jpg

The arms and eyes are a darker shade of red than the tongue and the background, hard to tell in the pic.

All that's left is to dye the orange ember on the end of his cig, but that'll wait til I get back from Ohio, gotta go THROW IT!

Felt great to dye one for myself again, too.

:lol: effing $$$ :lol:

I can see how you may have wanted thinner smoke highlighting, but I think it looks perfect as is. It's amazing how cool it looks to utilize the white of a white disc as positive foreground space instead of negative background space. When you make the background a different color the white makes the entire graphic triple jump out of the disc like Carl Lewis.

Latest posts