• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Buzzz OS

Truly glideless mids that come to mind are Demon, Drone, and a couple small diameter Innova utility mids. For flex shots you're describing, glideless mids aren't very "workable". You're better off throwing a slightly OS mid that has some glide and have it slowly flex back.

I have more luck with my Drone than my Buzzz. I can't get a Buzzz to flex back reliably. Different strokes. I like a quick flex. I can throw slowly flexing shots with putters.

Also, flex shots are just not the easiest shot to throw, and the glide gets me in trouble. The more overstable/glideless, the less trouble I can get myself in. A few degrees too much anny and a glidey mid never flexes, and gets trouble on the right. Too much hyzer, and it slowly fades to the left into trouble. A glideless overstable, too much anny and it still fights out of it. Too much hyzer, and it spikes. Still not where I wanted to be, but usually not too far away.

I really need to work with neutral and understable stuff. I don't bag anything on the underside of neutral unless I'm planning a roller or uphill shot. I have some power control issues (another reason I like glideless).

I have more luck with my Drone than my Buzzz. I can't get a Buzzz to flex back reliably. Different strokes. I like a quick flex. I can throw slowly flexing shots with putters.

Also, flex shots are just not the easiest shot to throw, and the glide gets me in trouble. The more overstable/glideless, the less trouble I can get myself in. A few degrees too much anny and a glidey mid never flexes, and gets trouble on the right. Too much hyzer, and it slowly fades to the left into trouble. A glideless overstable, too much anny and it still fights out of it. Too much hyzer, and it spikes. Still not where I wanted to be, but usually not too far away.

I really need to work with neutral and understable stuff. I don't bag anything on the underside of neutral unless I'm planning a roller or uphill shot. I have some power control issues (another reason I like glideless).

Agree, you make very good points. I don't like glidey mids for the most part either for the same reasons you state, lack of control and accuracy. But on flex-shots I feel enough glide is needed to keep them in the air long enough to have a chance at reaching the basket. Not fun coming up short when you know you could(and should) reach it.

I'm curious to see how much stability these have when compared to other Buzzzes - mostly, the beefier versions. Does anyone know how they compare to Discraft's Ti and Glow Buzzzes?

Also (and a long shot here) anyone throw these alongside a Shark? How do they compare? Thanks ahead of time for reviews, gents!

Definitely no overlap with a Buzzz. I have one of the freak OS Ti's and the Buzzz OS is a different animal.

"Also (and a long shot here) anyone throw these alongside a Shark? How do they compare?"

Lol not even close. The shark has a sharp ,thin rim with more curved wing and a high shoulder,the stability isnt even close either. Shark3 doesnt hold up into the wind as good as the buzzz os,shark is slower and just doesnt have the hss. The buzzz os is faster, consistently os and much more hss than the shark3,hell,old champ sharks are more os than shark3's but still not as os as the buzzz os.

Ive thrown just about every os mid out there and tried several shark3's in the process and they couldnt handle power or wind. I can throw my buzzzs 300 at the very least and i tested the buzzz os this weekend in some heavy 20 mph winds with postitive results. My glo buzzz held up and just went straight,so for fun,i threw the buzzz os on an anny into the headwind ,90% power and it held half way before flattening and then fading out still. Its not gator meat hook beef but it has great hss to the point where a straight buzzz shot can still be made in heavy headwinds.

This disc is what ive been hoping for ove the past 4 years.

Btw,my buzzz os is 175 my other buzzzs are usually 177+

Our shops have recently gotten the production runs into their stocks and I was wondering if they differ from the FR in any way?

One point I did notice was that the production ones have the, oh so comfy, engraved mold naming on the inner rim just like the normal Buzzz. I really like this improvement, since the FR felt a bit slippery without the engraving.

I'm hoping they beat in quickly to bridge the gap between Drones and Buzzzes. Because I agree, they overlap with my Drones.

im working on z buzzes, z meteors and z wasps for about 3 years now. they dont really fly any different than a freshy. the z plastic is top notch durable

I'm curious to see how much stability these have when compared to other Buzzzes - mostly, the beefier versions. Does anyone know how they compare to Discraft's Ti and Glow Buzzzes?
I actually bag a Ti Buzzz and Glow Buzzz as my only two Buzzzes at the moment. The Buzzz OS is significantly beefier than either one. I'm planning on dropping both of those Buzzzes and adding in the Z Buzzz I picked up over the weekend and I think I'll be very content.

As far as the Buzzz OS itself, I'm not sure why there's so much hate for this disc. It works exactly as I expected it to. It won't kick my Tensor out of my bag, and it's not as OS as the Zone either, but it's a great complement to my current mid setup. I'll drop a beefy Buzzz and slot this in it's place. It's shorter than my Buzzzes but longer than my Tensor. It's not as OS as the Tensor, but it will always finish left unless I put it on a crazy anhyzer.

One real world example: There is one hole on my local course (hole 2, short tee, Brett Hambrick Memorial) that I throw a Buzzz on during calm summer days, but in the spring and fall there is consistently a stiff headwind coming up the hill from the dam (pic if you care: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/131/e554b0ea.jpg). During the summer this is usually a birdie/easy par but until the Buzzz OS this hole played havoc with me. The Tensor came up short and might finish in the woods. My Resistor was too long, and tended to finish in the woods or over the hill at the bottom. Throwing something like a Teebird, Eagle-X or a Buzzz on a hyzer usually ended up on the hillside to the right with a tricky approach shot due to the wind. With the Buzzz OS I simply throw it flat, just like my regular Buzzz and adjust my aim point based on how hard the wind is blowing. I'm right back to finishing near the pin (usually short) and in the fairway.

So to sum it up: It's not a Zone/Drone/Tensor/other massively OS mid replacement. Nor is it simply a beefy Buzzz. It's somewhere between the two. If that's what you're looking for, and you like Buzzes this disc will feel perfect in your hand and probably find a slot in your bag.

So to sum it up: It's not a Zone/Drone/Tensor/other massively OS mid replacement. Nor is it simply a beefy Buzzz. It's somewhere between the two. If that's what you're looking for, and you like Buzzes this disc will feel perfect in your hand and probably find a slot in your bag.

Truth.

It lost out to my beloved Drones (been throwing them for the better part of a decade) but should be getting way more love than I feel it is.

It's more overstable than the tensor, but less than a drone or zone. I prefer the less overstable wasp for overstable mid shots, and on the rare occasion when I want a meathook disc slower than my pred I prefer the more os drone. If you prefer a disc in between, similar to a hornet, then the buzzz os would work well.

It's more overstable than the tensor, but less than a drone or zone. I prefer the less overstable wasp for overstable mid shots, and on the rare occasion when I want a meathook disc slower than my pred I prefer the more os drone. If you prefer a disc in between, similar to a hornet, then the buzzz os would work well.
Hmmmm, your experience is drastically different than mine. My Tensor is a first run disc that I've been throwing since the week they were released, and it's still more OS and shorter than my Buzzz OS. Not sure if the differences are in the discs or our different forms, but my fresh Buzzz OS is definitely not as OS as the Tensor. It is definitely more OS and shorter than my Hornet, although they do have some overlap.

Hmmmm, your experience is drastically different than mine. My Tensor is a first run disc that I've been throwing since the week they were released, and it's still more OS and shorter than my Buzzz OS. Not sure if the differences are in the discs or our different forms, but my fresh Buzzz OS is definitely not as OS as the Tensor. It is definitely more OS and shorter than my Hornet, although they do have some overlap.

That's odd to me... Of the 3 tensors I've thrown, I've never found them to be "over" stable. Just stable. They were very similar to a Suspect. Straight to about 280 then fade. And the hornet is like a verdict... More overstable than a buzzz, wasp, Roc, etc.

Latest posts