• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Buzzz vs Warship. I know, but...

jpeaslee

Par Member
I know this has been answered somewhere, but I haven't found it yet (but will continue to look.) So I'm prepared for the prerubage. But...

I like my buzzzes. The flight of my Z Buzzzes is pretty much what I'm looking for. I usually keep a newer one, a nicely seasoned one, and then my beat in ESP. I love the flatness of the Z's but I hate the feel/grip of Z plastic. It's the only disc I have in Z or champion for that matter. I hate the feel of Discraft's ESP, but love the feel of Star and absolutely love Westside/Lat64 Tournament/GL. I also like that the Z buzzzes are flatter than the domier ESP buzzes (at least all the ones I've had hands on).

All that said, no one locally carries Lat 64 or Westside. Is the Tourney Warship what I'm looking for?

Have you tried a Titanium Buzzz? Maybe not the answer you're looking for, but it's something to consider.

The warship does not have the glide of the buzzz.
If you want discraft equivilents, but for some reason refuse to by discraft

Wasp = Ghost
Hornet=Mace
Zone = reason you should stick with discraft

Short answer - no. The tourney warship will be much flippier than the buzzz. It is a totally different beast in VIP. It's the closest thing westside has to a buzzz (in VIP), but at the same time it's not at all a buzzz. You'll find it much longer and glidier than a buzzz - almost a tweener fairway disc. I think a closer disc could be core

I throw a VIP Warship, but I threw Buzzzes for a long time before making the switch. Why did I make the switch? I convinced myself it was because of their glide, but in reality the Warship is just badass. Does it glide more? Probably. That said, if you like Buzzzes, stop betraying them by making this thread and just throw them. You're suffering from the "grass is greener on the other side" effect.

Also, TP (GL) will be slightly understable compared to VIP and probably isn't what you're looking for.

no, I do not think they feel anything like each other. Zombee is a nearly a fairway driver, Warship is a mid. I do not think they fly that similar either.

Last edited:
Definitely the core. Pick your flight from the domey optos to the flat GLs.

no, I do not think they feel anything like each other. Zombee is a nearly a fairway driver, Warship is a mid. I do not think they fly that similar either.

Oh, ok. I was just remembering wrong.

I think I may have compared the 2 before. I got them both at the same time and they flew similar distances and landed in nearly the same spot. as I worked with them more the Zombee was like a shorter leopard and the warship was like a buzzzSS with less low speed fade.
There could be overlap, but they are different in feel.

To me the buzz is mid range and the warship is a mid/fairway. I get so much more glide and distance with a warship than a buzz any day. I get about 30-50 more feet withe warship. I have never thrown a tp warhship only vips so i can't speak for them.

I throw Warships now and forever.

I'm even looking for a BT Hard Warship to carry with me as well.

The only Warship I didn't like, was VIP Air.

I say just get a Warship and try it out, it's not really comparable to a Buzzz, but I like it better

I think I may have compared the 2 before. I got them both at the same time and they flew similar distances and landed in nearly the same spot. as I worked with them more the Zombee was like a shorter leopard and the warship was like a buzzzSS with less low speed fade.
There could be overlap, but they are different in feel.

All of my warships have a considerate amount of slow fade and I have to intentionally turn it over to have go dead on straight or to fade to the left.

I used to have a gl core, but retired it because it was my first ace disc. I replaced it with a domey opto, and all I can say is, I hope I got a freak. It is the most understable unthrowable disc I have ever come across. I hyzerflip it and it flips to flat but then immediately starts to turn on me. With that useless info being said, the Gl core is back in my bag and I love it. I also throw TP Warships, I can pretty much get them and my core to do anything I want, with the core having little to no fade, the Warships are longer and have more fade.

I borrowed an Opto Core, and it was also a crazy flipper. I don't remember the dome on in though. I also may have had terrible form. But it might have been the disc partially.

To me the buzz is mid range and the warship is a mid/fairway. I get so much more glide and distance with a warship than a buzz any day. I get about 30-50 more feet withe warship. I have never thrown a tp warhship only vips so i can't speak for them.

Me too - I like the Buzzz, threw it a lot last fall, but I think the Warship has taken it's place this spring.

I know this has been answered somewhere, but I haven't found it yet (but will continue to look.) So I'm prepared for the prerubage. But...

I like my buzzzes. The flight of my Z Buzzzes is pretty much what I'm looking for. I usually keep a newer one, a nicely seasoned one, and then my beat in ESP. I love the flatness of the Z's but I hate the feel/grip of Z plastic. It's the only disc I have in Z or champion for that matter. I hate the feel of Discraft's ESP, but love the feel of Star and absolutely love Westside/Lat64 Tournament/GL. I also like that the Z buzzzes are flatter than the domier ESP buzzes (at least all the ones I've had hands on).

All that said, no one locally carries Lat 64 or Westside. Is the Tourney Warship what I'm looking for?

I do not like the ESP Buzzz, but I do like that plastic in other molds. You might try FLX or Crystal FLX which are flat but not as long as Z. I always carry one of the FLX type for approaches with Buzzz because I think they flop, stop or roll less than other plastic.

The Ti is flat but I have not tried it enough although I currently have been using a Ti Wasp instead of a Z. I like it in that mold.

I do not like the ESP Buzzz, but I do like that plastic in other molds. You might try FLX or Crystal FLX which are flat but not as long as Z. I always carry one of the FLX type for approaches with Buzzz because I think they flop, stop or roll less than other plastic.

The Ti is flat but I have not tried it enough although I currently have been using a Ti Wasp instead of a Z. I like it in that mold.

I might have to try the Ti again. I got one when it first came out, but I think I ditched it because it was too dark (almost black, but navy). Really what I'm looking for is the flatness and flight of a regular Z, but in a grippier, more star like plastic.

It's really not even a problem of how my discs fly, but more of a mental issue. For some reason I don't completely like the way it feels, so I tend to step up to a fairway driver and power it down, or try and power up a putter.

Warship: best utility disc ever!
OK, that's a little forward to proclaim, but I would favor this disc over any other in its class.
I would consider the z Buzzz in this comparable class.

However, the biggest difference for me, and my scores, is that the Warship (I'm rocking a slew of VIPs) will hold its plane longer into the finish and ground touch down. The buzzz has a very characteristic "dump out" when it runs out of gas or finishes its flight. To me that's the biggest notable difference. This gives the edge to the warship for getting to the ground "on the line" vs having to plan for the dump finish. The warship is my longest carrying mid, just barely outdistancing my best flat z buzzzes.

For my game the warship is the superior choice for control at the end of flight and placement for position golf.

Latest posts