• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Can't get it right

bschapp

I've tried using Rit liquid dye on DX, Z and Star plastic all using the heat and dip method in a pan. None of them turned out very good. I've heard some people say the liquid Rit is no good, is that true? I've ordered some iDye Poly dye which I read was much better. From what I understand I should mix 2 tbsp with 32 oz of water, heat it up a bit and drop the disc in for 5-30 mins depending on the darkness preferred. Is that right?

DX don't dye real well, and liquid RIT is no bueno. iDye will do it for you. I mix the whole dye pack in 32 oz of water.

DX don't dye real well, and liquid RIT is no bueno. iDye will do it for you. I mix the whole dye pack in 32 oz of water.

I assumed it was the dye since it was the only constant throughout. I know i'll have better luck with the new dye. Thanks for the reply:thmbup:

Yeah, read around here a bit. Rit changed their formula and their new formula will not dye discs any longer. That applies to the powder and liquid.

Also, he's right: trying to dye DX plastic is a waste of time. It just won't take and what does take will look so pale and fade so quickly...

Latest posts