• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion roc

Indiana574

Birdie Member
I am suppose to be getting one next week. What is your guys thoughts on a champ roc. Anything you could compare it to? How much more overstable is it then a DX roc?

its like a crappy version of a wasp

decently more os than a dx. not gator status but in between

I couldn't disagree more. Wasp is a fine disc. But Rocs are king.
I carry two rancho champs (USDGC Rocs). A fresh one that is not-quite-gator OS, but has good glide. And a 2006 that is now beat to super-glidey and straight, but feels like new in the hand. Pair them up with a cycle of KCs (or KCs and flat-topped KCs) and you have all your bases covered with one mid -- the Champs to cover OS duties for YEARS and the others to cover everything else. Then, in 8 years when your Champ gets beat to straight, get a new champ. Champ Rocs are like playing with freshy KCs every round for years.

Last edited:
I couldn't disagree more. Wasp is a fine disc. But Rocs are king.
I carry two rancho champs (USDGC Rocs). A fresh one that is not-quite-gator OS, but has good glide. And a 2006 that is now beat to super-glidey and straight, but feels like new in the hand. Pair them up with a cycle of KCs (or KCs and flat-topped KCs) and you have all your bases covered with one mid -- the Champs to cover OS duties for YEARS and the others to cover everything else. Then, in 8 years when your Champ gets beat to straight, get a new champ. Champ Rocs are like playing with freshy KCs every round for years.

I agree, I didn't want to argue with him. I think the champ rocs are money. I guess it depends on the one you get though. I personally like my usdgc rocs.

The 2011 USDGC are very stiff and have a little less glide but are definitely OS.

Just watch out that you aren't getting a Roc+ instead of a Rancho.

I actually just won a usdgc 2014 champ roc and an xout of the same disc on the raffle fb page. I was saving them, but has anyone thrown this year's champ rocs? Can you talk me into busting out the xout one? haha

I actually just won a usdgc 2014 champ roc and an xout of the same disc on the raffle fb page. I was saving them, but has anyone thrown this year's champ rocs? Can you talk me into busting out the xout one? haha

yeah. why not?

I have more than a few, and just copped a 2009 X-Outs USDGC from the Marketplace. I love them, and they slot nicely into my bag. I will also say I like them better than the Wasp, but the Wasp IS a great disc. They actually fly almost the same, but the Wasp is flatter while the CHAMP Rocs have some dome to them which gives them the edge in glide.

All the Champ Rocs I've thrown (regular, not plus mold) are all just ever so more OS than fresh KCs, with just a bit less glide. Keep in mind, they wear differently than a typical Roc in that they keep their high speed stability forever while losing fade, much more like Champ Roc 3s.

They are a good choice and if you are a Roc thrower you will love them.

Throw 'em all. That's what they're for. That Warrior Mask art will psyche you up.

Bc my roc setup is pretty solid and was going to save them a few yrs and see what the value is. But was wondering if anyone had any feedback on this year's my man.

I throw one (not X'ed out) as my OS mid. It's the tits. I look forward to getting stuck in spots where I need to make tough blind OS approaches. Then walk up to the circle and see that Warrior Mask staring up at me.
Throw it. The experience is worth the 40 bucks you'll get in 5 years. From me.

I throw one (not X'ed out) as my OS mid. It's the tits. I look forward togetting stuck in spots where I need to make tough blind OS approaches. Then walk up to the circle and seethat Warrior Mask.
Throw it. The experience is worth the 40 bucks you'll get in 5 years. From me.

Sweetness man, I love rocs. I can't wait to try this one out.

its like a crappy version of a wasp

decently more os than a dx. not gator status but in between

HA! yeah, because there are always roc vs wasp threads popping up!

anyhoozle rocs are awesome in every plastic. Most versions in champ will be more stable to OS than base line/DX counterparts.

No roc should ever fly like a gator.

HA! yeah, because there are always roc vs wasp threads popping up!

anyhoozle rocs are awesome in every plastic. Most versions in champ will be more stable to OS than base line/DX counterparts.

No roc should ever fly like a gator.

alright rec league sam, sorry should have i compared a buzz to the rock like everyone else does when they both are nothing alike?

Is there anywhere to get champ Rocs on the cheap? Like around normal champ prices?

Or should I just go with a pinnacle ghost?

A couple things:
I carry both rocs and gators. gators as they beat in are like fast rocs(new) and beat dx gators are like flippy rocs.
Champ rocs are KING for control shots where you want to sail on forever. get them out 300 feet and watch the elegant fade.
be careful that you aren't comparing the champ rancho and the rancho roc+ and the roc3. they all have very different characteristics...

Latest posts