• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Champion roc

I too use the pro roc3's as my straight to understable mid when I have one in that condition. I have beat up kc pro's that will do the same flight, and I can use a DX cobra or shark for the US shaping if needed.

Relating to the question at hand, I have three champ USDGC rocs that I have thrown in my current collection: one is a 2002 USDGC roc, and the others are the 2011 climo/feldburg rings roc, one being production and one being an x-out of the same stamp. The 2002 flies about the same as one of my somewhat-beat KC Pro/McPro/DX rancho rocs or roc3's. It has very little dome and a lot of wear, and is 176g on a scale. I would throw it on the regular if it didn't have the prestige and the specific amount of wear.
Of the two newer ones, the production one (meaning a serial numbered roc for the USDGC) is a clear-looking champ blend that looks very jolly launcher, super glossy and glassy appearance (red in color). The X-out is a translucent pink color reminiscent of early champion plastic but with major dome height seen on the recent USDGC rocs. Of these two, the x-out translucent is my favorite. It flies like a brand new DX or KC 180 rancho roc but with even more stability. The clearer one flies the same once it fades, but has about the same initial turn as a champ roc3. The translucent 2011 x-out flies closer to a gator out of the hand. Way less release-dependent.

Hate to revive an old thread, but I bought a 2020 champ roc and it has a huge dome. Is this normal?

I have five 2020 Champion Rocs and they all have a slight dome. Sounds like you have an odd ball.

If you're referring to the 2020 "Thrower" Rocs (with the yang-yang bird wing stamps), they're supposed to have some dome on them. It should be consistent with other Champ Rocs.

Are you used to throwing Roc3? An original Roc will be much more domey compared to the Roc3. The extra dome takes a few throws to get used to, but the extra glide will be worth it :)

I bag currently 4 other rocs (3 KC one DX). one of my KCs is domier than the rest, but still flat in comparison to the champ.

If you're referring to the 2020 "Thrower" Rocs (with the yang-yang bird wing stamps), they're supposed to have some dome on them. It should be consistent with other Champ Rocs.

Yep, 2020 thrower with yin yang stamp. It's domier than my other rocs. I wonder if it's just that champion plastic has the tendency to dome more compared to KC or DX, during the molding process?

Yep, 2020 thrower with yin yang stamp. It's domier than my other rocs. I wonder if it's just that champion plastic has the tendency to dome more compared to KC or DX, during the molding process?

Yes, that is consistent with my experience. KC/DX Rocs tend to have less dome than premium plastic Rocs. However, you can certainly find exceptions.

Are you used to throwing Roc3? An original Roc will be much more domey compared to the Roc3. The extra dome takes a few throws to get used to, but the extra glide will be worth it :)

Yeah, if a flat Roc is what you want then get a Roc3.

Latest posts