• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(Closed) Lighthouse course in Littleton, CO

Twmccoy

* Ace Member *
About a month ago South Suburban parks and rec closed their only disc golf course, Lighthouse. The course itself wasn't a miracle in course design, but it was in a great location. There really aren't any other courses even in the area. The course was closed so they can build a massive fieldhouse/ice area complex.

I guess my question here is fairly specific, but I'm hoping someone who frequents this board may have an answer.

At some point late last month South Suburban was supposed to meet with Highlands Ranch officials to discuss putting a permanent course in Highlands Ranch. Thus, here is the queston: Does anyone know the results of that meeting? Is anything going to happen from a disc golf standpoint with South Suburban or Highlands Ranch?

I'm bummed about the closing of Lighthouse. It leaves me with no nearby courses to play. If anyone has any real info on this, please share.

Thanks

Just call the parks department. Someone should be able to fill you in on what's up. Plus, the more interest shown by disc golfers, the better the chance the park system will see the value in a course and will work to get a new one in the ground. (imo)

R.I.P. Lighthouse. I had some fun rounds there with my friends.

It is some slim pickings down there in Highlands Ranch for DG, made worse now by this closure. Definitely contact the parks dept. like paul said. Do the Foothill Flyers have a presence in H.R.? They or some other group may have something in the works. How far is the Parker course from there? I'm a bit out of the loop in that area now.

R.I.P. Lighthouse. I had some fun rounds there with my friends.

It is some slim pickings down there in Highlands Ranch for DG, made worse now by this closure. Definitely contact the parks dept. like paul said. Do the Foothill Flyers have a presence in H.R.? They or some other group may have something in the works. How far is the Parker course from there? I'm a bit out of the loop in that area now.

Yeah, Lighthouse wasn't the greatest course I've ever seen, but I loved it anyway. I'm glad South Suburban and HR seem to be working on a new course. I hope it comes to fruition.

Parker is a hike from HR. At least a half hour drive. I wasn't aware Parker even had a DG course.

Yeah, Lighthouse wasn't the greatest course I've ever seen, but I loved it anyway. I'm glad South Suburban and HR seem to be working on a new course. I hope it comes to fruition.

Parker is a hike from HR. At least a half hour drive. I wasn't aware Parker even had a DG course.

Here's a link to the Parker P&R site with info on the course. I guess no one has gotten around to listing it on this site yet, it's been open awhile now. There's a link at the bottom of the article with a really good course map. It might only be 15-20 minutes from Lighthouse

http://www.parkerrec.com/947/Dog-Park-and-Disc-Golf-Course