• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Color over color?

pacrat77j

I have heard of two tone dying by doing the darkest color first, then the lighter next and just double dying the first area. I could see this working with black, but will it work with other shades; green, blue ect? I need to dye a disc with orange and dark blue and the cut out is going to be a giant pain so i dont want to screw it up.

I've been wondering the same thing and I can't seem to find an answer. I'm afraid to try it on mine. Well, I tried navy blue and yellow, and that worked out fine. I'm not sure about lighter colors.

orange and blue will change the other no matter what order you do it, sucks but it's true. the only way i've been able to get it to work is by doing the following:

1) get TWO pieces of vinyl
2) cut out the design on both pieces of vinyl at once
3) once you do this, you can dye it in whatever order you want as far as color goes since you can cover up what you've already dyed with the 2nd cutout

it's a pain, but it really works great

Also, I haven't tried it, but I bet it wouldn't be too bad if you put the second vinyl stencil on BEFORE taking the first one off (just fit it into the holes of the other stencil).

use elmers glue insted,works better.

That is a great idea. Thanks for the help. I will probalby try putting glue over the first color before dying the second. It will lengthen the process, but if it works it will be worth it.

Latest posts