• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Columbia Crosstown Challenge

Ed Garris

This tourny features both South East and Owens Field Parks.

Attachments

• crosstown-challenge.jpg
    crosstown-challenge.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 27
One day I'll play this. I'm hitting high 70s at both, so I don't want to go out there and embarrass myself. Can anyone come spectate?

The high 70s wouldn't be that far off the pace in the Rec division. Last year:

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16238

Yes, anyone can be a spectator at virtually any event. The trick is to not be a distraction---for the group you're watching, or other groups, since everywhere you turn there are players on neighboring holes, some easily-distracted.

The high 70s wouldn't be that far off the pace in the Rec division. Last year:

http://www.pdga.com/tour/event/16238

Yes, anyone can be a spectator at virtually any event. The trick is to not be a distraction---for the group you're watching, or other groups, since everywhere you turn there are players on neighboring holes, some easily-distracted.
You're always super helpful. Thanks!
Is Rec the short tees or the long tees? I played short tees just now and played horribly and threw a 62.

I wasn't sure whether or not we had to pay to spectate or not, so thanks for clarification!

Not sure about the tees. I, uh, don't play Owens, so haven't played in this event in years. Southeast has just the one set, right?

Not sure about the tees. I, uh, don't play Owens, so haven't played in this event in years. Southeast has just the one set, right?
Oh, well in any case as long as school doesn't interfere (like it has this weekend...) I will try to at least spectate.
I believe Southeast has a couple of holes with short tees, but I don't think every hole has a different set.

I should have read the flyer, huh? Juniors to play from short tees on 4, 6, and 13, and all at Owens. I take that to mean everyone else from the regular tees (and that there are 3 multi-tee holes at Southeast; #4 was the only one I could think of).

I will say, for anyone who hasn't been there, that Southeast is a pretty sweet course. Fairly new, so I suppose a lot of people haven't played it yet. Here's your chance.

We had a great time @ the Columbia Crosstown Challenge this weekend! Beautiful weather, a good crowd, and some GREAT disc golf on two challenging and fun courses. Thanks to all the helpers in getting the courses in a great condition! Congrats to all the players and all the WINNERS! Make a plan to play Owens Field and the new South East Park courses and take the challenge!

Latest posts