• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Columbia: Grants Pass WP Hiking shoes/boots

brutalbrutus

* Ace Member *
Won some money on a scratcher the other day, so I decided to get a new pair of shoes. Went to Dick's, DSW, and Shoe Carnival, and the only pair of 13wides I found were the ones I already had. At shoe carnival I was looking at the merrells, when I noticed that Columbia had a couple wide sizes, just not 13s. The clerk told me they could order some for me, so I decided to take a chance. Paid roughly $75 after the sale price and taxes and they signed me up for a rewards card, so they got free shipped to my house. They arrived today and I am impressed so far. Very comfortable, especially in the soles, which is where my Keen's fell short.

Playing a local event tomorrow, most likely in the rain and will definitely be muddy as hell, so I guess it will be a trial by fire...

I always have issues finding shoes that fit- I take a triple-wide if I can, and that only happened once. I got a pair of Columbias on sale for $60 about 6 months ago and they have been great. Comfortable, soles are wearing slowly, and the waterproofing is still working well.

Yea I would prefer a double or triple wide, but that's like trying to find the Holy Grail in a size 13, lol. Especially if you are on a budget. As long as the seams on these stay intact, they should last me awhile. I plan to only wear them for really muddy/wet rounds, and in the snow once winter comes back. Was also eyeing a pair of the trail runners, I might pick up if these work out.

Went to the grocery, so I put them on to break them in a little. They feel very light, much more so than my keen's.:thmbup:

Well, I have to say I'm impressed after my first day with these shoes. Was in ankle deep mud several times throughout the day, and my socks were dry and clean when I got home. Also, the tread was exceptional on the muddy hills, didn't slip once.