• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DD Trooper bag v. UPD Pinch bag

dj3k

I have a 12 year old son, who is really starting to take to disc golf. He has about eight discs so far. I am looking for a entry level bag that he can grow into (disc wise and body wise). Both the DD Trooper and UPD Pinch look like great bags for the price. Curious to know what you guys think. I myself have an UPD Shift. I am impressed with the quality, but I know a lot of guys with DD bags and they like them too. What are the pros and the cons. UPD Pinch is on sale right now for $39.99 and I suspect that DD Trooper might also go on sale for Black Friday. Interested to hear some opinions or things that maybe I haven't thought of yet.

I'm relatively small (5'7'') and skinny, and own a UPD shift. I love it. Carries all of my discs, which is around 16, as well as up to 4 water bottles, and some other stuff, definitely great for casual play. I use mine all the time.

You can't go wrong with a purchase from DD or Upper Park. Good luck!

I would go with the trooper. I own both the trooper and the shift. for a younger child the trooper is going to be an ideal size and carry everything you need

My 11 year old got the Trooper yesterday for his birthday. We got 23 discs in it using the top compartment just to see, but he'll actually carry 15, all in the bottom. They'll slide a little but it will be fine. Fits perfect on him, my C15 and Ranger are just too much bag for him to handle. I was impressed with the workmanship, though it didn't have any feet and that would be my only complaint. Have not fondled a Pinch - I'm sure you can't go wrong either way.

My 11 year old got the Trooper yesterday for his birthday. We got 23 discs in it using the top compartment just to see, but he'll actually carry 15, all in the bottom. They'll slide a little but it will be fine. Fits perfect on him, my C15 and Ranger are just too much bag for him to handle. I was impressed with the workmanship, though it didn't have any feet and that would be my only complaint. Have not fondled a Pinch - I'm sure you can't go wrong either way.

Can fix that with a $5-10 can of the Flex Seal like paint on the bottom, Recommends using the Paint over the spray type as it seems to work better from what others are saying. Get the black if they make it, that way it blends with the black bottom of the bag.

Last edited: