• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc gold bag tier list

moorent

Eagle Member
damn you auto correct...

my fade tourney bag is on the way out and I'm on the market for something to replace it. Can you put these in order of quality?

revo carolina
voodoo karma
phoenix core
latitude pro
gorilla boy kong- honestly, I hate the emblem and will most likely not get this one

any good bags that I've missed?

I use a gorilla boy silverback. so, I can't speak to most of these, but people seem to like the revos

couldn't have asked for a better bag when i got my voodoo karma. glad i got mine early, there's a wait now

couldn't have asked for a better bag when i got my voodoo karma. glad i got mine early, there's a wait now

I emailed the guy a few days ago and haven't gotten a response. Seems like he doesn't want my money...

What do you want in a bag that you didn't get from the fade tourney? I have a fade tourney and if something happens to it I will most likely get another one.

I've had my fade bag since april and it is already starting to fall apart where the quad hookups meet the bag (big deal). The drink holders have poor insulation (very, very minor thing) and the mini pocket is garbage (again, minor). I average 6-10 rounds a week and carry half a gallon of water/gatorade with me every round- I need something that will hold up a bit better.

On a positive note, my innova quads are holding up perfectly-the redesign was a step in the right direction.

I'd say all the ones you listed are the best in terms of quality, so pick whichever design meets your needs and you prefer the best.
I've heard the top hookups on the fade do tend to have problems, but issues like that can pop up in even the best quality bags, so I'd also consider the customer support if you really give your bags a beating.

The place I bought my fade tourney bag said it was covered against falling apart for 1 year, any minor issues could be repaired at the shop and anything major would get shipped back to fade to be repaired.
Although my last fade bag lasted 2 years with zero flaws, only retired it because I needed a bigger one. I'm a block away from my course so I'm playing a couple rounds a day. Even if you're turned off by your fade experience you should still contact them and see if they'll repair it. At least then you could sell it and put the money towards one of those crazy expensive bags

1. gorilla boy
2. revo carolina
3. phoenix core
4. latitude pro

Never seen a voodoo bag in person, can't rate it.

The GB's do look extremely well made. Revo and Phenix is prolly equal but Revo has more bells and whistles.

I would definitely recommend either Voodoo or Gorilla Boy. The Voodoo has great storage within the giant pockets and the Gorilla boy is handmade by a fellow disc golfer, can't go wrong with either

As far as value and quality, the Lat Pro Bag is where it's at. Just got one from Marshall Street DG with matching Lat Straps for $98 shipped. I've heard nothing but good things about the Lat bags. I'm stoked.

Latest posts