• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Name for a new Dog

dgdave

* Ace Member *
I'm getting a new boxer and need help with the name. Feel free to post any other thoughts

Here's a pic
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16194

I think Duece is funny. He'll be leaving some duece around the yard for you to pick up too :lol:

What about ace? Flip?

You have to be able to yell it around the neighborhood without sounding like a jackass

Roy said:
You have to be able to yell it around the neighborhood without sounding like a jackass

That was the main thing I considered with each possible name for my dog. "Am I willing to run around yelling this over and over?"

No matter what I name a dog, I end up yelling "Get over here, Doofus" over and over. Next time I'm just going to name the dog Doofus and be done with it.

Out of the names to choose I voted Roc...best one on the list for a Boxer. Comet is second but thats for more of a faster dog "border collie". I had a Boxer named Boss before so you might want to consider that as well. Awesome name and very manly.

Snap could be a fun name, and Flip, but I've heard over and over that dogs respond best to two syllable names.

Name him Big D. or Meathook. OATie (Odie) is awesome as well, but extremely inside-joke-tastic.

Hyzer.

From the list I like Comet but that's the name of the dog from Full House so whatever.

From off list suggestions I really like Hyzer and Petey. But if you quit throwing PD's a year from now you may wish you had gone with something else.

My dog, a border collie/Australian shepherd, is named Hyzer...it has proven to be a pain to yell - especially on the course. If its a girl you could call it Anhyzer or Anny for short

Here he is as a puppy - he's to cool to shake so you do fist pounds

P1000886.jpg