• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DiscGolf on Long Island NY ~ 09/24/2011

Doctor Boogie

Long Island deserves a course!!!
A course on Long Island, like everywhere, is not just for us who play in tournaments and compete in weeklies, but for the community at large. I enjoy the fact that I get to see families on the courses I play. Long Island now has the best opportunity to be exposed for the first time the DiscGolf. They need to see it and also get a chance to play it. If you guys havent noticed it is FUN. .....

The course is going up and we will be out there rain or shine. DISC GOLF ON LONG ISLAND if you didnt hear me before.
18 short holes x2 with a Safari 9 final round in afternoon. Public will play in beteween the tourney rounds, with a Discgolf seminar/ workshop for newbies presented by Neal Dampra. The course is on an existing ball golf course so its manicured and pretty flat. The park has a beach hut cafe there that serves food and beer, etc.. This is going to happen and these are the first steps.

We are forming a club to unite, represent and to facilitate all discgolfers on Long Island. And we need your help, even if it is just walking the course. Come out and show you support the idea of discgolf on Long Island............If nothing else please come support me. Did i mention how fun the game is??

There are two flyers, one for tournament play the other for public play. www.longislanddiscgolf.com

Doctor Boogie here, and I'm about to fill your prescription.......

Attachments

• CBDGCEntryFinal1.jpg
    CBDGCEntryFinal1.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 8
Hope you get some courses out there. I have a bunch of University at Buffalo friends/alumni that complain to me about their not being courses in Long Island (having played our WNY courses). I will get the word out to them about the site/event.

Latest posts