• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Discmania Freak

mdarket

I bought a Discmania Freak recently. It has been a very smooth driver for me. It's predictable, and seems to soar in windy conditions. I throw right hand side arm.

Since it's molded at Innova, do they put out the same disc under a different name?

I bought a Discmania Freak recently. It has been a very smooth driver for me. It's predictable, and seems to soar in windy conditions. I throw right hand side arm.

Since it's molded at Innova, do they put out the same disc under a different name?

Not that I've seen, but I do believe the PD (Freak is the stamp) is the Firebird wing and bottom with a top that is called "Anhyzer" And they are nice drivers.

Also, the Millenium OLF is made by Innova, also using the Firebird bottom, IIRC.

I don't know about the Freak, but I just got a Craze and it feels like a Valk bottom and a Teebird top.
I've also heard that there is a stock top they're using and for the bottoms, a mix of Innova molds.
The Craze I got is in the S-Line, which is basically Star plastic.

most Discmania discs will have their "anhyzer" top

the PD will be like a longer Teebird (whereas the OLF will be a longer Eagle X)

not sure what bottom is on the Craze Control Driver but I think it is a touch more stable than the Valk so think like a Viking (great glide though)

pd freak- fb bottom + anhyzer top
cd craze - valk bottom + anhyzer top
dd2 frenzy - katana bottom + anhyzer top
dd hysteria - wraith wing + anhyzer top

I love my PDs, they'll take a pretty good range of power and still fly true, they hold all kinds of lines, and I feel like they get the best distance for the power you put into them of just about any disc I've thrown.

I've been throwing PD's as my main driver for a year and a half for throwing various control lines. It turns over easier than a Teebird (more like an TL), but has a bit of fade to it. It's got a tremendous amount of glide, and is easy to throw on a number of lines.

The only place it really suffers is with a pure anhyzer with a forward turn. It either flies straight or turns over hard right (if torqued).

np guys. Now even though the pd has the fb wing it doesn't make it exactly like the fb in stability but it still handles wind great.its More teebird/eagle ish in flight

btw.I forgot another

td rush - roadrunner bottom + anhyzer top

dnt really know but it's basically a bb aviar and the
p1 is basically a sb aviar.
Md1 is basically a shark(small tweaks in wing)
md2 is basically a mako/coyote (small tweak in wing,added micro bead)
Gm is obviously a gremlin.

it is but it's just not flat like the old gremlins. Older ones are flat, the gm is domey as hell but I don't think they tweaked the mold much if at all