• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do Not Play Frisbee With Your Dog in Austin, Texas

Widdershins

Double Eagle Member
Cop fatally shoots dog while responding to the wrong address of a domestic violence complaint according to a recent news story. At least the homeowner had the good sense not to play with his kid.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/18/austin-police-officer-fatally-shoots-dog-after-going-to-wrong-address/

If the SWAT team gets a search warrant, whether or not you're guilty of anything, it gives them a license to kill all your pets when they enter. And there is not a damn thing you can do about it, especially with the barrel of an AR-15 jammed into your neck, and a boot stomped into your back.

Happens all the time, I even know people this has happened to...

This may be true but they first job would be to show up at the correct address.

Yeah, the wrong address here is going to be the smoking gun. This cop is doomed.

Jeronimo said:
Yeah, the wrong address here is going to be the smoking gun. This cop is doomed.

I heard a very recent story like this, but even worse, somewhere out east. The SWAT team went to the wrong address, slaughtered the family's 2 dogs right in front of their children, who were like 5-7 years old, slammed everybody into the floor and wrapped their ankles, wrists, and heads up in tape, while holding machine gun barrels to their heads. If you really think the cops in this case got in any trouble, I've got an island to sell you...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/27/cop-shoots-dog-puppycide_n_1446841.html

"...Paxton isn't the first dog owner whose pet has been shot to death by police. A search of news articles from the past year shows more than 100 separate incidents..."

Can I kill a police dog if I feel threaten? Will I get arrested if I kill the officer's canine? Protect and serve, that's what my dog does too.

I don't know if it is because if we live in a world where information is literally at our fingertips, but I wonder if police brutality has increased or just being reported more.

sunspot said:
Can I kill a police dog if I feel threaten? Will I get arrested if I kill the officer's canine? Protect and serve, that's what my dog does too.

I don't know if it is because if we live in a world where information is literally at our fingertips, but I wonder if police brutality has increased or just being reported more.
My money is on "reported more". It's the same as with almost all other crimes.

Yeah, good luck with that shit. According to the info we get over here about police stuff over there, they get away easily with far worse stuff. USA seems to be a nice country until you have the shitty luck to run into a situation with an armed and ready cop involved.

God......I fucking hate the police. I have had several friends and aquaintances go into police work and the 'us against them' mentality that they drill into these guys is just awful, none of them are the same person, or even a tolerable person anymore. I know they have a tough job and blah blah blah, but it would be really nice if they weren't drilling the idea that the general public is the enemy into these robots. Unless they are clearly attacking the cops, (and they rarely are) just busting in and killing someones pets is fucking atrocious.

Jesse B 707 said:
God......I fucking hate the police....

Just watch the video on this page (note that the cop puts on his gloves and says: "Now you see my fists? They're getting ready to fuck you up!")...

http://www.commondreams.org/further/2012/05/09-5

Yeah, I saw that last night and thought of this thread....pretty sad, those pigs will get a slap on the wrist at worst

There is something inherently evil about people who intentionally go about causing injury to helpless creatures (animals, children, women, mentally ill persons, etc.). I don't know why we let these freaks hide behind a badge, much like we let so many pedophile freaks hide behind the cross. It's a travesty, both for our humanity, as well as for the integrity of the institutions they are supposed to represent.

I'm glad these sociopaths are being charged with murder, but I think you're right that they'll be let off. The police union will close ranks once again, hire pricey lawyers, and they'll get a slap on the wrist. Just like that BART cop who shot that guy in the back, in cold blood.

I know there are a few good cops out there. I've known a couple of them. And we desperately need them on the inside (imagine if the entire police force were only bloodthirsty freaks like those Fullerton cops). But their silence about these kinds of situations makes them culpable for the crimes their colleagues commit...or perhaps it just shows how much they are in the minority and fear retribution from the majority.

The US built up its municipal, county, and state police forces after 9/11, supposedly in a fight against terrorism. Heavy weaponry, equipment, and authority to crap all over our civil rights came with it. They've gone too far, we've entered a virtual police state. The gov'ts that employ these cops have been busy cutting the pensions, wages, and health benefits packages of every kind of public employee...except for the police. Perhaps this is because the politicians understand that they'll need the police to be on their side when the people rise up. Now we see the tools that were supposedly to be used for fighting terrorism are used to suppress the constitutional rights of the people. Start a protest, and all of a sudden you have dozens of heavily armored cops kicking in your face.

I will have him, yes I will have him;
I will find a way and I will have him.
Like a butterfly, a wild butterfly,
I will collect him and capture him.

I must admit, I am. It boggles my mind how one person can simultaneously be the mother of all starfucker wannabes and such a self-aggrandizing douche with no goods to back it up, and I am downright determined to uncover what could make a person's mind go so horribly wrong. I hope my incessant goading can prompt him to reveal the childhood trauma(s) that started him down the road to Toolville.

How many licks does it take to get to the center of JHern's personality disorder? The world may never know…

Leopard said:
i played frisbee with my dog in austin texas. you can't tell me what to do mark ellis!

That was a warning, not an order. :D

Leopard, if you hate your poor dog that much maybe you should put it up for adoption.

ha, well i didn't say i took him to the domestic violence / dog-shooting part of town to play frisbee. pretty easy to avoid that part of tow- oh hi, new course eastside! *gets shot*

Latest posts