• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Dynamic Discs Patriot championship level basket

A couple things...

1. The nubs are facing the outside, and I can see why people think its weird. I dont think its weird, just different. The nub edge is facing in, not exposed to the outside, thus not affecting it any more than nubs on the inside.

2. A company had trouble with their first models, which was there first attempt. If a company did not mess up on the first attempt, then it would be quite a miracle. I highly doubt the Mach series baskets were perfect the first time. DD does not have much experience in the basket game yet.

Anybody new to the target game has very few options to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. This nubs out version does that. MVP's stainless is their unique touch. It's all good, and the Patriot looks like a solid offering.

Anybody new to the target game has very few options to separate themselves from the rest of the pack. This nubs out version does that. MVP's stainless is their unique touch. It's all good, and the Patriot looks like a solid offering.

I don't know, man. It looks like a poorly done copy of a Discatcher to me.

I don't know, man. It looks like a poorly done copy of a Discatcher to me.

Don't most of them with the band? You can only make a target so many ways. I'm actually a fan of a universal target, but keep disc golf weird folks would disagree.

Looks ok to me!:thmbup: I'll tell you what, we have so many good options any more, we have become quite spoiled.:eek:

And if it didn't have the band, it would be a mach - copy right? Everybody has to be a critic.

Essentially, yes. Most things are already things, and variants are manufactured.
Are you not critical of any product? I'm sure the basket will be fine, but I find fault with some of it.

Essentially, yes. Most things are already things, and variants are manufactured.
Are you not critical of any product? I'm sure the basket will be fine, but I find fault with some of it.

I find faults in a lot of things. However, a company makes a basket similar to another, makes a few tweaks, has a better price, and will get revenue off of it, I think the pros outweigh the cons on this one.

They had issues in the first run of the pro model which were addressed but ive never had any customer complaints. I think it was how the baskets were being shipped that caused some failure of the base welds and scratching of powder coat.

This also is suppose to be a cheap "course" basket and MVPs complaints were on a practice model. The portal permanent basket is a damn tank.

The fact people are bitching about baskets being made in XYZ country....LOL.

You mean the MVP Black Hole Portal with and MSRP of $474.95 vs this basket with an MSRP of $274.99?

I'd hope the MVP was a better basket for $200 more.

If you are actually installing on a course the price is negligible for a superior product. You are just quoting a single basket price.

If you are actually installing on a course the price is negligible for a superior product. You are just quoting a single basket price.

That is 100 percent NOT negligible. Even if it was a nine hole course, that is a huge difference. Not everybody has that extra cash to pay for a "superior product" For what its worth, you haven't even putt on this basket before. How do you know it is any bit worse than the black hole.

So you don't think that $3600 is a deciding factor for building a course? I mean come on, you would at least need to sell them on the more expensive option.

I find faults in a lot of things. However, a company makes a basket similar to another, makes a few tweaks, has a better price, and will get revenue off of it, I think the pros outweigh the cons on this one.

It has a lower price. Time will tell if it's a better price when we can establish value.

Anyway, none of that was the point initially. Ultimately, I dislike the look of their variations. That's all. Just my opinion.
Carry on.

It has a lower price. Time will tell if it's a better price when we can establish value.

Anyway, none of that was the point initially. Ultimately, I dislike the look of their variations. That's all. Just my opinion.
Carry on.
My fault for overreacting. Just my thoughts.

Latest posts