• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Easiest color to see?

My bag looks like an easter basket baby blues, pinks,lavanders, peachy oranges. Pretty funny considering the Slayer and At the gates patches on it

Day-glo yellow works well, but can be a bear to find among leaves/bushes in dappled sunlight. They also work well when finishing a round in greatly diminished light.

I refuse to by green, black, or tie-dyes.

More of the same for me. I dig the pink, orange and Day-Glo yellow. I agree with you totally about diminished light rounds... the bright yellow is great.

The only tie-dye disc that I have is one that my wife and daughter got me for Christmas. It's pretty, but if I ever miss a fairway with it, it's gone! :( Of course, I don't currently carry it in my bag, so my probability of missing a fairway with it is zero. My chance of missing fairways otherwise, is pretty good. :p

We tend to see things based on contrast not color. So generally white would be best. But they tend to get dirty and obviously aren't good in the winter. I'm tending to light blue since it's close to white and not a color found in nature. I'd actually prefer florescent yellow-green but it's hard to find. I had one that I lost in the briars at Giles Run - where the color of the disc didn't really determine whether I could find it.

BTW - hunters use blaze orange because deer are relatively color blind and actually see more in the UV spectrum so they don't see the blaze orange.

By season (in New England);

Summer - Pink, Orange, Bright Blue

Fall - Pink, Bright Blue, Neon Green

Winter - Pink, Orange, Neon Green

Spring - Pink, anything but green and brown (who has brown discs?).

Solid color most important.

I tend to agree with the "less natural the better" school. So i look at blue and pink. I have too much yellow/orange in my bag, I guess because I just like the colors.

But more to the point, I think light blue Champ plastic is easier to pick out than navy blue star, for example.

The most important thing, though, IMO, is making sure you get solid colors. Tie-Dyes, etc, even if all brightly colored, are much harder to pick out.

Our eyes are not only looking for color, but a nice, perfectly (or nearly) round shape in all the random visual noise of "the rough." Your vision will naturally look for "order," like a nice round disc.

So, my advice would be, day-glo, 'unnatural" type colors, solid colors, and only go tie-dye once you get a go-to disc you can REALLY count on. Tough for a noob going through the "I can't stop buying discs" phase, but I lost so much tie-dyed plastic, I just learned the hard way.

Last edited:
I went to embed Aerosmith "Pink". but I had to remove it, I never realized their were 3 nipple scenes.