• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Element Discs Plutonium PDGA Approved and Now Available!

giphy.gif

I've tried a butt load of putters in my day but this is a really nice putter. Aviar, Wizard, Challenger, Ion, etc., it belongs in that conversation IMO.

Been putting with this in my backyard the last three days...just outstanding. My favorite mold is/was the Westside Shield and the Pu flies and putts like my Shields with an added thumbtrac, which is pretty spectacular.

^^^I have a pair of VIP Shields. Great driving putters....and I love thumbtracs/groovetops. I'm gonna get one of these Hamsa stamps to wave in the faces of a few of my area's resident xenophobes. Wouldn't take them on a carry-on though.
s946209041578549250_p348_i22_w640.jpeg

^^^I have a pair of VIP Shields. Great driving putters....and I love thumbtracs/groovetops. I'm gonna get one of these Hamsa stamps to wave in the faces of a few of my area's resident xenophobes. Wouldn't take them on a carry-on though.
s946209041578549250_p348_i22_w640.jpeg

That's the stamp I grabbed and it is killer (mine is on a kind of pale yellow plastic that almost gives a sunburst look as it goes out to the rim..and that Terra plastic feels great also). Would love to get some of these in Terra with the Lotus stamp (I am aware stamp does not matter with regard to flight, but I like a disc that looks as good as it flies).

That's the stamp I grabbed and it is killer (mine is on a kind of pale yellow plastic that almost gives a sunburst look as it goes out to the rim..and that Terra plastic feels great also). Would love to get some of these in Terra with the Lotus stamp (I am aware stamp does not matter with regard to flight, but I like a disc that looks as good as it flies).

I'm with you on that...and I think the majority of DGers are as well: Good looking plastic sells. Swirly, sparkly, aesthetically pleasing stamps, etc.

Pseudo - apologies to all for fanboying all over this mold this week, but my goodness, this thing is truly great. Just finished a putter(s) only round throwing these head to head with my beloved Shields and was five strokes better with the Plutoniums...with four of those five strokes coming on putts approx 25 feet which are generally a hope and a prayer for me.

Drives with these are great as they are deep like a Shield so my gigantic hands can still power grip with no issues. Not once did the small bead hang up on release and consistency for me seems increased with the grooved top (nice job RDG). It's not a terribly long thrower, but I don't have a huge arm so results may vary there. That said at about 250 feet or so consistent distance with a nice dead straight to late fade flight probably 10-15 feet left of center. Only complaint here is Terra just sticks. If these were available in Hydra or Terra Firm a little ground movement on drives might be an added bonus.

Upshots...got - danged money, period. Low-straight at the basket, high sweeping hyzer, anny-pan to flat and drop...all here. The lines I was getting on 150 ft. and in ups with this normally take both a BT Hard and Soft Shield for me, this thing showed some surprising versatility here. Unlike the drives were I think something a little stiffer than Terra may be a nice option, the Terra blend here is outstanding. Every shot hit the ground and stuck like a magnet.

Putting, I spin putt primarily and hyzer putt outside the circle. Inside the circle it did what I asked of it which is all you can ask of a putter. Clean release from the hand, kept nose angle and stuck in the chains. Longer hyzer putts this thing outperformed my Medium Shields by a long shot. Not sure why honestly, shots looked and felt the same until they started dropping and these seemed to come down just a bit slower which dropped in nicely on a couple of instances where the Shields hit the cage.

I am blown away. I rarely get excited about new discs...ever. Heck, I only bag 5 molds, but this thing...not sure why it doesn't seem to get talked about much, this is pretty close to an instant classic in my book...now just need someone (RDG guys maybe?) to put the bug in Element's ear to run these in Terra Firm also.

I wanted to update this thread with more biased affection for this disc. My first Pu, that I used for putts only, has gotten worn in enough to get a little out of round so I've recently put a fresh Pu in its place and started throwing the old one off the tee. This thing has been parking holes like a dream, just a really predictable flight and easy to range thrower. It's got a classic, seasoned putter flight that goes straight and either stays straight if given enough hyzer or flips over and drifts right. It's not super glidey but it doesn't feel like I'm throwing a brick either, it just goes where you want it and no farther. I love how smoothly it comes out of the hand and I'm not surprised by this b/c I used to love throwing Voodoos. But the RDG top seems to give the Pu a bit more gyro effect so it flies a lot like a beat Ion or an Anode, trading glide/speed for grip.

This is just a criminally underappreciated disc.

I just ordered another Iridium and serpent, but I have yet to get a Pu. I wanted to get a Gray one or black. I hope they make more :/

check www.infinitediscs.com or www.1010discs.com and some other folks via facebook (Bee Tribs @ Par Plastic, Matt Butler @ Disc King, etc) - I believe they still have some black Plutoniums available.

I contacted 1010 and ordered 2 Pu's. They only had a few whites left. From what I'm guessing I'm going to like this and will hope to find some of those blacks in the future. Any plans on making another run? The RDG top with Gateway bottoms with the nice plastic is just a no brainer. I am hoarding up on these, currently have 5 Iridiums, 6 Serpents and 3 Scales, now gotta get more Pu's.

I feel there is some overlap which is fine, Currently I prefer the Iridium to the Scale and the stamp on the Ir is just sweet. Element stamp and naming system is awesome, please keep it up. The Serpent is a staple but I feel on days where I don't want an Ir and a Serp I could split hairs and just carry the Pu, My guess is it is right between the two in stability. If so....perfect. Please make more - Good luck you guys:hfive:

I've been working on my FH lately and this thing has been flawless on approaches and short holes. I'm not saying it's the greatest putter for FH ever made or anything but it wasn't awkward adjusting to it at all, just point and shoot from the get-go.

Basically I haven't found anything this putter is bad at yet.

Latest posts