• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Element Discs Plutonium PDGA Approved and Now Available!

kelgart

Par Member
The Plutonium is now PDGA approved and available - this was the original proto2 disc.

Speed: 3 / Glide: 3 / Turn: 0 / Fade: 1

Element Discs is proud to introduce its second disc to the market, the PDGA-approved Plutonium.

This stable putt and approach is a versatile putter that holds the line it is put on. When thrown flat, the Plutonium will resist turn at high speeds but also has a slow gentle fade with a soft finish. No need to worry about skipping by the basket, as the Plutonium sits down just like the Iridium. This disc is a little faster than most putters so it is perfect for those shots in between putter and mid. Also finds a place in the putting game with a slightly shallow rim with small bead, which some find more comfortable in the hand.

It's available here - http://www.elementdiscs.com/store/p335/Element_Discs_Plutonium_-_FIRST_RUN.html

Attachments

• 01_main.jpg
    01_main.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Pics fo the Plutonium

Lots of foil colors available - entire FIRST RUN is done in black plastic. :thmbup:

Attachments

• 12804055_10153397411464117_1467356301_n.jpg
    12804055_10153397411464117_1467356301_n.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 35
  • flag.jpg
    flag.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 32
  • rainbow.jpg
    rainbow.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 28
For those who like the voodoo, or maybe want a straighter scale this is worth checking out.

Had mine for about a month now. It is a good straight flier you can put some juice on with a drive. Nice full feeling in the hand for those who like deep putters. The plastic is very firm and grippy.

I've done a good amount of field and course work with the Pu and there was very little time required to get it flying some great lines.

The Plutonium features the RDG thumb contoured top which adds a hefty dose of familiarity in terms of feel. It also provides a heaping dose of HSS to the flight. The broad top combined with the Voodoo's completely rounded wing gives the Pu one of the most "chunky" grips of any putter I've held. If you like to power grip putters you'll probably like the feel the Plutonium.

The stability of this PnA is reminiscent of the RDG Serpent. Great HSS with a gentle fade. Where the Pu differs from the Serp however is that is has about one notch more of fade. You can throw some dead straight shots with zero turn and a very gentle fade. I think the Pu really shines as an approach disc. The wing sits nicely in a fan grip and you can throw the disc with confidence knowing both that the HSS is going to prevent it from getting squireely but the subdued fade isn't going to put you too far off track.

Overall, the Plutonium is a fantastic disc for anyone that wants a pretty great all around PnA disc. I can now say with 100% confidence that the RDG top translates incredibly across Gateway's four putter wings. Distinctly different flights with a very familiar feel.
Wizard = Scale
Warlock = Iridium
Voodoo = Plutonium
Magic = Serpent

Threw this weekend. The nearest thing I could come up with is that for those of you who like the dagger, or gauntlet you may will like the Pu. Especially if you like the zero hard plastics. The black plastic on these has some nice grip and excellent rigidity. In the limited experience I have with the dagger and gauntlet this may feel a bit shallower and be a hair faster with a tick less glide because of it. I give those two as a reference, because they are what first came to mind when I picked the disc up. A very full hand feeling and nice top.

Element has some sick stamps as well, probably my favorite naming convention in all of DG right now.

As always, thanks for the nice, clear information you share out to folks about our discs...

And I have to agree - our stamps and naming convention are real nice :D

Threw this weekend. The nearest thing I could come up with is that for those of you who like the dagger, or gauntlet you may will like the Pu. Especially if you like the zero hard plastics. The black plastic on these has some nice grip and excellent rigidity. In the limited experience I have with the dagger and gauntlet this may feel a bit shallower and be a hair faster with a tick less glide because of it. I give those two as a reference, because they are what first came to mind when I picked the disc up. A very full hand feeling and nice top.

Element has some sick stamps as well, probably my favorite naming convention in all of DG right now.

Got my new teal Plutoniums in the mail, and man these are sweer. They are going to be the perfect compliment to my seafoam scales. They are a tad softer than the scales, but I like that as they are going to be used like a well worn scale for longer putts or putts with a tail wind. I feel as if they have a touch more glide than the black discs, and once again that is a good thing.

Element really nailed it with these.

How does the Plutonium compare to the Serpent?

Feel wise it is deepe, feels fuller in the hand as it has a more rounded nose and a micro bead. Flight wise it definitely is less brick like than the serpent. For me that translates to a bit longer flight. The fade is about the same, but on a good rip where the serpent will show a little right fade the Plutonium will hold straighter.

If you want a straight compliment to a scale with a similar feel get a Plutonium. If you want a bit beefier serpent with a similar feel get an Iridium. All 4 are great discs and can work together in various combinations. Being as lucky as I am to have a selection of all of them makes it hard to choose lol.

Hmmm. I'm a fan of course. I was hoping the Pu was going to be a little thinner than the Sepent and Scale combo.

If you guys can make a Pa3 with that thumbrack in nice RFF/Fossil ish plastic, that would be $$$

I may hold off as I have TOO many putters as of now, but I really like all the putters I'm carrying, they all have a purpose and have their strengths. Still like the Serpent as a standout putter, but I can't argue with the Pa3

Pulled the trigger on one to compete with the Serpent. I'm hoping the Pu feels a little lower profile in the hand despite the contrary stated above. Voodoos always felt better than Magics to me and the RDG top is money so I think it will feel smaller to me even if it ain't. I've put my Serpent through hell so the Pu is probably going to go through a Samsonite gorilla test as well.

Really digging the Pu, it's far from pee-ew on putts so far. The rim feels great and comes out of my hand cleanly which I can't say often about many putters. Kind of reminds me of a thicker Summit (my most familiar putter). Like the Serpent I'm looking forward to beating some straightness into it but it's a good stability as it is and I was able to nail some jump-putts with it today. Not much glide but it's not a rock either and the drop rate has been predictable so far. Doesn't seem as nose angle sensitive on putts as the Serpent for me, particularly on nose down putts (Pu stays up longer).

I've been putting it into head to head tests with a couple of Macanas, Serpents, and Roaches and it's winning the trials so far. I don't think it's new putter phenomenon either, it just feels familiar. I haven't thrown it much but it seems to fly like a good, stable putter. Don't put much stock in this b/c I really haven't thrown it much but I'd say it flies like a Voodoo with maybe a little less glide but a bit more stability (also been awhile since I've thrown Voodoos). Seems to have more fade than my beat to hell Serpent anyway.

Early returns are promising.

Really digging the Pu, it's far from pee-ew on putts so far. The rim feels great and comes out of my hand cleanly which I can't say often about many putters. Kind of reminds me of a thicker Summit (my most familiar putter). Like the Serpent I'm looking forward to beating some straightness into it but it's a good stability as it is and I was able to nail some jump-putts with it today. Not much glide but it's not a rock either and the drop rate has been predictable so far. Doesn't seem as nose angle sensitive on putts as the Serpent for me, particularly on nose down putts (Pu stays up longer).

I've been putting it into head to head tests with a couple of Macanas, Serpents, and Roaches and it's winning the trials so far. I don't think it's new putter phenomenon either, it just feels familiar. I haven't thrown it much but it seems to fly like a good, stable putter. Don't put much stock in this b/c I really haven't thrown it much but I'd say it flies like a Voodoo with maybe a little less glide but a bit more stability (also been awhile since I've thrown Voodoos). Seems to have more fade than my beat to hell Serpent anyway.

Early returns are promising.

Thanks - this should give folks a nice bit of detail to know about the Plutonium and consider grabbing one.

I love my Pluto. I really had problems with my grip and release when putting, but the little indent on top keeps me in check. Switching from my Aviars and Macana to this was easier than i thought it would be. After i got used to its slight turn I was able to nail putts from further away then I really ever have.
I dig the plastic too(I chose Firma).
I was worried it wouldnt work out as a true putter for me becouse everyone is allways talking about throwing them off the tee, but giving it a shot was definitely worthwhile to me. Im really glad I did. I had been burned before buying new discs from newer companies, but Element is really bringing something cool to the game with these molds.
Big thanks to the faction and Element. Theres some things Id like to see in the future (glow discs? maybe a large bead putter?), but I know plenty of good things are on their way :)

Latest posts