• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Emac Truth

SuperWookie

Birdie Member
Hey everyone, quick question?

Is the Emac Truth a similar mold profile and shape to the MD3? Or close enough? I've looked online and it does appear to be similar, with a gentle shallow angle slope on the wing, like an MD3. And looks fairly flat on top, especially in the Lucid or Lucid X Glimmer plastics?

I have 2 Prodigy M3's, but HATE the feel of it's lip and wing, even though it flies really well. It's that weird, very small curved wing shape that just feels so odd in my hand. It always catches on my hand. Whereas the Mako, MD3 and a few other mids I have or thrown, have a nice shallow slope wing shape from the edge of the disc going to the edge of the lip.

Just looking for something that is as good or close to the MD3. I have a few of them, but they are very rare and expensive, so I want to take them out of my bag and get a similar mid. I already know how the Emac Truth flies and will love it, just not sure about the lip/wing profile as I don't have a store nearby to go feel for myself.

Thanks

Handled a buddy's Infinite Discs Chariot. Side by side with my glow MD3 I couldn't tell them apart and it felt identical in my hand. I didn't actually throw it but he swore up and down it flew exactly like his MD3's. He was switching over because it is much easier to get the Chariot than replacement MD3's right now.

I have an Emac Truth that I haven't touched in years. If you want me to compare the shape of it to an MD3 I can do that sometime.

Emacs got a little bead but it a very comfortable disc. Shallower feel than the m3 I would say. Flatness is very dependent on the disc- not one plastic that is always flat save for the base stuff. Lucid X is flattish usually but has a slight dome in the very center.

Would call a retailer and ask them to find you some flat lucids.

Good call on the Chariot. I have a Crowned Eagle MD3 and a color glow Chariot from the same timeframe. I bet if they didn't have stamps, anyone would be hard-presses to tell which is which. The wings look nearly identical when laying the two next to each other.

The Emac is similar to the MD3 in profile
I agree the MD3 may be slightly taller

I've tested MD3s on 2 occasions

and went back to the Truth

For me the Truth felt better, flew faster (farther), and may be more readily available

Lucid EMacs that are flat to minimal sort of rise after the shoulder dome would get my recommendation

A Lucid X may be a bit more domey (but I think there is some variation in the X runs from flat to mildly domey)
I think the Lucid X may fall sort of in between the MD3 and MD4 (but closer to the MD3). Not quite MD4 stability (i.e. not Verdict stability) but a noticeable uptick in HSS and LSS

anyway EMacs for the win

The Emac is similar to the MD3 in profile
I agree the MD3 may be slightly taller

I've tested MD3s on 2 occasions

and went back to the Truth

For me the Truth felt better, flew faster (farther), and may be more readily available

Lucid EMacs that are flat to minimal sort of rise after the shoulder dome would get my recommendation

A Lucid X may be a bit more domey (but I think there is some variation in the X runs from flat to mildly domey)
I think the Lucid X may fall sort of in between the MD3 and MD4 (but closer to the MD3). Not quite MD4 stability (i.e. not Verdict stability) but a noticeable uptick in HSS and LSS

anyway EMacs for the win

So I ended up getting a Lucid-X Glimmer Emac Truth and the few times I threw it this last week when playing, it's been money!

It is almost exactly as you described it! It's about the same thickness and shape as the MD3, somewhere between flat and just a mini dome on top, flies a touch faster than the MD3, and has about the same consistent fade, but only at at the end of the flight. Which is really nice! As you can throw it nice and straight, but know that it will always finish a bit left, but not too much.

That is only based on like 4-5 throws. But it definitely flies far! On a hole where I normally throw my FD2, I threw the Emac Truth after my normal tee shot, and I only ended up about 20' short of the FD2! And they both took almost the exact same flight path. I started them out right of the basket and it just went far and straight, then about 3/4 of the way through, it started fading left, but on a nice gentle forward finishing line. It was beautiful! The FD2 ended up about 20' farther forward and a little more left. The Emac Truth ended up about 20' short, but closer to the basket

It's almost like it's between a Mid and a FW. Really like how it feels in my hand and can't wait to see what it can when I throw it more! Plus that Lucid-X Glimmer plastic is some of the best looking and feeling! Thanks for the suggestions

Latest posts