• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Emoney 2021 ITB

Emoney

* Ace Member *
First time doing this. Figured i would see how the bag changes over the year. Have about 400ft+ backhand and about 350ft+ Forehand.
Will list OS-->US

Bag:
Voodoo Spinal Tap 3 Purple
*Very impressed with the build quality of this bag. Had it for maybe 4yrs and still is perfect.

Cart:
Ridge Roller/ Zuca
* Got one of the first all terrain carts Zuca made officially with Ridge roller. I think Joe told me i was number 7.

Max OS Drivers:
173g Discraft Z FLX sparkle Force
175g Discraft Z swirl Hannum Force
175g Discraft Big Z Force
*These are mainly in the bag for Forehand and OS/Windy backhand. Got a variety of plastic feels depending on weather.

Max Main Drivers:
2X- 175g Streamline Neutron Trace
173g Streamline Proton Trace
174g DGA Proline Rogue
* Few different Trace for slightly OS to US duties. Good controlled comfortable distance backhand driver. The Rogue is most US, will be replaced with a Trace as soon as it beats more.

Hybrids:
174g Discraft TI Machete
175g ThoughtSpace Aura Animus
* Just tryin out the Animus. Its kind of a tweener fairway/distance. The Machete is for when BEEF is needed.

Fairway:
174g Discraft FR Z Raptor
174g Streamline Cosmic Lift
173g MVP Proton Volt
174g DGA SP Pipeline
* This fairway setup covers everything from OS to US. The Raptor and Volt are used for forehand as well. The Lift and Pipeline are only backhand.

Mids:
176g DGA FF Quake
180g Discraft Z swirl Pierce Buzzz
* Only 2 mids in the bag. I can backhand and forehand these. So i dont feel a need for any more. I may try to add a US mid this year to round this spot out.

Approach:
175 DGA Proline Flex Breaker
174g Gateway Firm Wizard
*These 2 work nicely for all occasions when approaching or driving off the tee. I also FH the Breaker. May replace the Breaker with a Zone once they are more available but i like the feel of the bead.

Putters:
171g Gateway Firm Nikko Wizard
171g Gateway Pure White Wizard
* I have tried to go away from the Wiz and keep coming back. These feel like home. Both are pretty stiff.

The Animus/Breaker/Rogue may not last all year in the bag. I will probably drop one for a US mid spot. The Rogue will be kicked out for sure.

I dont feel like my bag is missing a shot shape. Throwing BH and FH covers alot of angles.
Iam not 100% sold on the Trace being my main driver, it seems just a tad slow. I just havent found anything speed 12 that is consistent in that spot.
I have tried Crank/Mayhem/Octane/Zeus/Hurricane. None of them feel as consistent as Force/Trace combo.

surprised no gyro putters

I mean, he's got a couple Wizards in there. Should be good to go.

Emoney, wasn't it you who tried an all DGA bag? I thought it was, but I'm not 100% on that. Looks like you still have 4 in the bag, soon to be down to 3.

surprised no gyro putters

I tried Ions/atoms for a good year. They just dont have the finesse i get from a wizard imo. Plus the wiz for putting is a perfect fit in my hand.

Tried an Envy as well. Had one in proton and electrons. They were great but the Breaker feels thinner and more OS.

Not sold on the Breaker yet. Its hit and miss with my forehand.

I mean, he's got a couple Wizards in there. Should be good to go.

Emoney, wasn't it you who tried an all DGA bag? I thought it was, but I'm not 100% on that. Looks like you still have 4 in the bag, soon to be down to 3.

Yeah. That was a huge mistake for me. My game went downhill fast. The Force and Raptor couldnt be replaced as easy as i thought. I lean on my Forehand alot. My game is almost 50/50.
I couldnt find good Hurricanes...went through so many.
Rogues lost their stability quickly or were US from the start.

I could not for the life of me get the Steady to work. The first day i put the Wiz back in the bag i immediately felt extreme confidence in putting and approaching.

I have 6 First Flight proline Quakes and a SP coming. That disc has a forever spot in the bag.

The Pipeline is basically staying because its impossible to get a Mantis. Im learning to like it though. Will probably snag a new SP stamped or Matt bell. I have thrown some beautiful backhand turnovers with the Pipeline. Just wish the flight numbers werent so misleading. My brand new max weight SP started at a -2 turn.

I have been playing disc golf on and off for 25yrs.

I also tried a all gyro bag for a year.

Im very curious to see how James Conrad throws overmolds. I feel they truly have different flight characteristics than non overmold.
Especially since he is almost exclusively backhand and relies on shot shaping. I feel Gyro wants to go straight...whichever direction its going.
My buddy went through this same problem. The Gyro molds that are left in the bag are for straight shots. Its what they do best.

173g Discraft Z FLX sparkle Force
175g ThoughtSpace Aura Animus

Ok. Gonna replace these.

Taking out the Z flx Force for a Esp Force. Just cant get over the gummy, dont care for it

The Animus is really a weird spot and overlaps some discs. I feel i will be more consistent choosing the Lift or a Trace instead of that disc.

I still am not sure what US mid to buy....i want something that is slower than a meteor...not slower in "flight numbers", but slower in actual "flight". The Meteor can bomb and get away from me... I need a US mid faster than a putter but slower than the Buzzz.

I will also add a fresh SP Pipeline to the bag. Something a little straighter and not as flippy as the one i have.

That should round out the bag nicely.

Ahem...Comet if you want a slower less stable mid. I mean, unless you're a hater or something. 😁

This was exactly my thought....

Any suggestions on plastic? Weight? I will try one

I'm a Z guy, currently bagging a 174 with moderate dome and a max weight that's domey. Most of my bag is flat and beadless but I need the Comet flight, relying on it a lot for BH lately.

I'm rocking 3 Quakes now - SP, fresh D, kinda beat D. That makes 5 f'n mids which is 2 more than usual. Replaced a Buzzz with 2 Quakes and a Comet. Throwing more mids in the cold so we'll see what sticks but I'm really liking the D Quakes.

I tried the D Quakes as well. It turned into a Buzzz flight quickly. I been throwing the buzzz for over a decade and just recently learned to forehand it.

I think my PL Quake/Z Buzzz/Z Comet would be a nice pairing.

Oh btw...just scooped us a sick SP Quake. On the fence to sell or throw.
I love my FF prolines, i have 6

Ahem...Comet if you want a slower less stable mid. I mean, unless you're a hater or something. 😁

I tried so hard to make a Comet work for my US mid spot the last 2 outings. Fan grip/power grip/3 finger/pinch/mod fan grip or putter grip i can not get a consistent clean flight.
The rim and dome just dont like my hand. Its feels terribly uncomfortable. Getting away from the bead is what lead me to a Buzzz over a decade ago. Also, the flight is straighter than i want. I need more turn.

I tried my buddies SOL.... I have never in my life threw or bagged a disc like this but i think i am now.

It's a thin profile and glidey. It has lots of turn but still controllable.
This disc really opens up some crazy angles while still being usable off the tee.

Quake/Buzzz/Sol.

It's OK, not everyone is Comet-worthy. If you don't like that SP Quake lemme know. I might trade you a FF PL for it.

Bag i will be rocking for the foreseeable future.

Big Z Force(straight glide to fade)
Z swirl Force(OS to fade)
Esp Force(straight to fade)
N trace X2 (straight to fade & understable)
P trace(straight)
TI Machete(BEEF)
Z Raptor(OS to fade)
Esp Raptor(straight to fade)
P Volt(straight)
SP Pipeline X2(US & Roller)
Proline Quake(OS)
Z swirl Buzzz(straight to fade)
Z Sol(US)
Proline Flex Breaker(straight to fade)
Firm Wizard (straight)

Putters
Firm Wizard X2

One of the Pipelines could come in or out and replaced with a domey Big Z Force. Other than that, i really have all the shots covered.

The Sol filled a gap i had for understable mid + understable approach shots/understable putter

The Esp Raptor will fill the gap when i need a fairway more OS than a Volt but not as Beefy as my Z Raptor. A straight to fade fairway i can really throw hard. The Lift was here before but it is just too straight and doesnt have enough high speed stability. It overlaps with my Volt.

I have a couple i could even pull out but i think i have a great foundation.

I believe i have made a bag i could take to any course during any conditions and not skip a beat. This was my goal.

Gonna go ahead and post for motivation. Having my 4th back surgery in a few days. 2 days after my birthday lol...just my luck...

Determined to come back stronger than ever with this bag. In better shape than i have ever been to finish off this year. Hoping to compete in Open for a few years. I def have the game to do it when i have my health.

This is a beginning, not an ending.

Having my 4th back surgery in a few days. 2 days after my birthday lol...just my luck...

Good luck with the surgery and rehab. I hope you are back throwing plastic without too much delay.

And, um, happy birthday! :rolleyes:

Played my first rounds back after back surgery on independence day! The accuracy was on point for backhand. The forehand, putting, and distance were all trash.

Long way to go with my fitness to get back to throwing well but it was nice to be out.

The journey back begins.

Just getting to play this year after dealing with something torn in my shoulder/neck... bag update

2x Force
2x Trace
2x Rogue
Machete
Raptor
Alpha
Volt
2x Mantis
Pipeline
2x Quake
Buzzz
Sol
DevilHawk
Bullet
2x Wizard

A great find for me was the new run Proline Rogue. What a great woods control driver. Easier turn than a Trace... same distance.

The Mint Alpha filled a huge gap in my fairways. I needed something I could rip on and not flip on me, but still carry farther than a Raptor... 4th run Apex Alpha are $. Was using an Anax but wasn't vibing.... these Alpha fit perfectly.

Added a 2nd Quake. Sp Swirl to go with my FF. The SP swirl doesn't have as harsh of a fade as my FF....very good point and shoot OS mid.

Trying out the Devilhawk. Same feel as my breaker but with a comfy thumbtrack and more overstability. So far I dig it. Same plastic I putt with!

Instead of a thrower Wizard, I'm trying a Eternal Bullet... great feel...not too shallow feeling... slightly gummy.... flies like my beat up thrower Wiz but should last longer in the sweet spot.

As long as the devilhawk and bullet fit the bill... my bag is dialed

Latest posts