• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade Crunch vs Discraft Tournament Bag

threevok

Double Eagle Member
I've read a bunch of good stuff about the Fade Crunch, but there is little info on the Discraft Tournament Bag. I'm burning up the last of an Amazon gift card which is the main reason why I have narrowed it down to what is available at Amazon, and the $30 price target.

I've not had a DG bag before so it's harder for me to know what's important. For some reason I think I might like the disc orientation and additional divider of the Discraft, but the Fade Crunch gets so much love it must be a safe bet. Anyone familiar with both?

I apologize in advance if this question is offensive to anyone, or if my apologizing in advance is offensive to anyone.

Are you specifically looking for a bag that holds around 12 discs? If you are looking for the same disc orientation and wouldn't mind a little bigger bag check out Fade tourney bags. I own both a crunch box and a tourney and like how the discs lay in the tournament bag much better. With a crunch box if you don't have a full bag your discs slap against each other if you have quad straps on it.

I've got the Fade Crunch and my wife has the Discraft Tourney. So I feel qualified to answer this one. I would say that they are of comparable size, with the DC being slightly larger. They each hold a similar amount of discs. That said, I think that the Fade is better designed and has more useful storage. The DC bag seems to be made of much tougher material than the Fade. I've had my Fade for about 2 years, and it has no noticable wear.

So, if durability is your prime concern, go Discraft.
If you are more concerned with ease of use (ie a pocket for most every Dg need) I'd go with the Fade.
If

I've owned bags from the above companies plus a few more. Between the two Fade bags are much better quality IMO, heavier zippers, heavier material. That said I am absolutely blown away by VooDoo products. The quality and attention to detail is amazing and made in the USA.

Thanks for the input. I ordered the Fade Gear Crunch in black. The Voodoo products look great, maybe next time.

Good choice, you'll be happy. My youngest daughter has now claimed my crunch as her bag. She's only 5, I have the strap pulled up all the way and it is still almost dragging the ground. It is pretty funny. Enjoy!

Latest posts