• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fade gear bags

Tons of us do. The Fade Crunch Box is probably one of the most popular (non backpack) bags here on DGCR , and in disc golf.

By far the Crunch is the best value for a medium bag on the shoulder.

Tourney bag is solid with quad straps.

Lite is light and utilitarian.

I went from the crunch box into the tourney bag.
They are very good bags.
However, after that I bought my grip a series.
I would highly recommend buying a backpack style bag instead.
The new innova, or one of the other less expensive backpacks would be a good place to start, if you don't want to spend a bunch of $

Like Mattc, went from crunch box, to a tourney bag with straps. Now my kids have my Fade bags, I have a Lat 64 backpack, and will be getting a Grip AX15 soon. Fade made solid bags as long as you don't outgrow them and want to carry more discs than they allow.

. Fade made solid bags as long as you don't outgrow them and want to carry more discs than they allow.

Don't have the straps loose enough to let the bag bounce around either. The D rings on my tourney bag started to rip off after about a year, otherwise its a solid bag. Absolutely loved the Velcro cradle that the newer ones have. You can find them on ebay cheap, also.

Would you say that the fade tournament bag is better than the dynamic soldier bag or the mvp nucleus? As far as quality and room?

Would you say that the fade tournament bag is better than the dynamic soldier bag or the mvp nucleus? As far as quality and room?
All 3 are fairly similar on durability. Minor aesthetic/layout differences. The Nucleus comes with a single strap that has a 4 point attachment to the bag which would be the biggest difference of the 3

I have a fade crunch, I love it, my only complaint is that the padded shoulder strap doesnt slide back and fourth. so often it wont sit well on your shoulder. Besides that its a great bag! Im upgrading to a Upper Parks Shift though, but im still keeping this bag!

Question: How does the drink holder on the Crunch compare with the one on the Lite?

I carry a 750ml Camelback Eddy with an insulated sleeve and it won't fit in the holder on the Lite.

In the last year and a half of a friend carrying a Soldier, on a half dozen occasions a putter has popped out of the putter pocket requiring retracing of steps. If bag set down just wrong, a putter will come out.

Thanks guys. I'm looking at the tourney bag.

Got a fade tourney bag a month ago and so far I'm very happy with it. Backpack straps come separately so I bought dynamic discs straps, the fade backpack straps come with a rain covering but also cost a bit more. The bag holds 18-20 discs comfortably in the main compartment and I carry 2 putters in the front pocket but you could fit a third in there if you wanted. I haven't had any trouble yet with the bag tipping over when set down, even when on a slight hill. One negative about the bag is that it doesn't have any type of protection on the bottom of the bag to keep it from sitting on the ground (really wet in my area right now) so the bottom has gotten pretty muddy. I can't tell you much about the durability cause I've only had it for a short while but so far the bag has been well worth the money.

I can recommend a Fade bag as well. I've been rocking the Crunch for years now...over four years of disc golf and easily over 500 rounds later. Aside from recently replacing the strap it has been solid. All the zippers work and it's still holding up. I just bought a backup for when it finally goes...looks like after all that wear my putter pocket might come off before too much longer. For $40, you couldn't ask for a better setup!

I can also state from personal experience that Fade makes a quality bag, especially considering the prices. I used a crunch for a couple years with zero issues. I simply outgrew it. Great bag with excellent features for its size and price point.

I have a Fade Tournament bag that I've been using almost daily for two years, and I've got a Fade Crunch that I bought recently for glow rounds and "small bag" days. Both seem like a lot of bag for the money, and they've held up very well.

I used the tourney bag for a couple years and currently use a crunch box for my small bag. Solid construction, especially for the price.

Love Fade bags. I have a crunch box for night golf or 9 hole small courses and a tourney bag for my main carry bag. They pack everything into the bags that you will need. Not all small bags have mini & pencil holders like the crunch box does. I like the 2 bottle holders on the tourney bag.

Fade bags are great for the price; you definitely get more bang for your buck in terms of features. From my experience, you do see a downside in terms of durability. I used a fade tourney bag for 2 years and it was pretty much beat after that. There were blowouts in the face fabric and a few of the zippers were busted.

I also had the fade quad-straps and they work pretty well. It's nice to always have the rain fly available in case of emergency. Just one less thing to think about when you're heading out the door. The rain fly wraps under the bag, which keeps the mud off. One downside to the rain fly is that it can be tough to access the side and front pockets when it's fully wrapped up. You can work around it, just a slight inconvenience.

I am glad that I eventually dropped the money for a backpack-style bag instead. It carries the weight much better, and no more dealing with tangled quad straps!

If you're on a budget, tho, it's tough to beat the Fade bags.

Latest posts