• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flying with a Zuca cart?

ballardthedome

Par Member
Howdy everyone! I'm off to Vegas for the Gentleman's Club Challenge in February. I went last year, which was shortly after I received my Zuca cart, and I still had the original box my Zuca was shipped to me in. I used that box and checked my Zuca cart, and it all worked out fine.

However, that cardboard box was pretty much ruined by the experience and I got rid of it. So now I need to figure out how I'm going to get my Zuca on the plane this time.

Anyone have experience with that? Or suggestions on where to get a proper sized box that would work for checking the Zuca?

Thanks for any input.

bda

No, I'm getting two checked bags with my flight without any extra fees, so easier to check it than ship it.

Thanks JC, I'll check them out. Didn't think of home depot.

I have a zuca myself and they had cardboard boxes there which were designated for "moving" that you could get. You will have to tape it up good but everything will fit in one of those.

I don't know if this is an option for you but I typically don't fly with my zuca. To me it is much less of a hassle to bring my grip bag on a short trip.

Top loading heavy duty back strapped duffle bag? Like military style. Pretty sure it would fit fine
bunches of military surplus stores about, maybe 15-20$

I flew with my Ridge Roller last year, it fit in my largest suitcase after taking it apart just like it came to me.

Thanks guys, like the idea of the military duffle.

JC, I could indeed use a bag instead, but I've got an arthritic knee and using the cart (particularly for this potentially four day tournament) really helps reduce the pain & soreness for me.

Get another box from your Zuca dealer. Most of my customers are so excited to get going that they assemble and wheel off, leaving me the empty box.

What about using it as your carry on? Is it small enough? I went to Vegas last March for my wedding and that's what I did with my discarrier.

Tried a military duffle, and it would work, if I take off the cup holders. Doesn't leave much room for packing material though, which makes me pretty nervous. I've seen the way luggage handlers throw the luggage around.

Was all set to make a run to Home Depot to get a good sized cardboard box when my wife gave me a super funny look. We just bought a paper shredder, which came in a really big cardboard box . . . which fits my Zuca perfectly, with room to put lots of packing material around it. Woohoo!

What about using it as your carry on? Is it small enough? I went to Vegas last March for my wedding and that's what I did with my discarrier.

Without having the measurements with me. I would think with the type of wheels on it, that you couldn't. Top that off with the removable handle I don't think that TSA would let you on with it.

My grip bag didn't like going all the way under the seat with the puddle jumper planes. Larger aircraft its not a problem.

Latest posts