• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

From Colorado to Ohio

nb2210

Par Member
So my lease is up at the end of the month here in Denver, and some family issues are persuading me to move back home. I hate the drive so I got to thinking why not slow down make a week of it and enjoy some damn fine disc golf on the way. Any route advice would be appreciated. I'm not looking to zig zag north and south the whole way back.

So far I have a rough route of:
Salina KS, Thomas Park,
Emporia KS, Jones Park East and West, Peter Pan Park
Marshall MO, Indian Foothills North and South
(may stop in St.Louis area IDK i'm kinda avoiding big cities)
Evansville IN, Mesker Park, Woodmere DGC, (maybe Eagle Valley or Atkinson In KY)

Then I'll get to Ohio and really be taking time visiting friends and finding courses around Cincy and Columbus before heading home. I'm glad I picked this game up here in Colorado, and also glad that where I'll be moving back home is centrally located between Canton/Massillon (Arboretum-Spiker Park/Lincoln Park) and Dover (Deis Hill Park)

First off I'd hit some of those top rated courses in CO before you leave. I can't really help with the routing to OH. If you have only been playing a few months the courses I'd recommend in Cincy might be too rough for you especially Idlewild. Mt Airy and Lincoln Ridge aren't too bad for beginners though.

The foundation complex in Centralia il (near I64, on the way to Evansville, about an hour and a half east of stl) is fantastic. Rec 9 is a good warm up for the champ side which is top notch. If you want I can put you in touch with some locals if you want someone to play with.

If you take 80 when you cross from Iowa to Illinois in the quad cities there are a ton of courses, i would recommend middle park, eastern park, Camden 1 and Camden 2 if you are up for a good challenge

Latest posts