• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Selling] G9 Wizards (Firm goodness part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the one Wizard that Dave said he would mail me to try. I have a pretty busy day today but I was able to sneak out to a field for about 20 min. This Wizard feels a little different in the hand, but I can't figure out why. It's a very subtle difference. It's just as flat as the G9i, and has the same profile. Off the bat I noticed this one is much more grippy and tacky. It doesn't have that but of a slick feel a brand new G9i has.

Throwing drives, the new Wizard flew just as stable if not a hair more stable than a brand new G9i. At first I thought it didn't have as much glide, but that is because it just wanted to hyzer sooner. Thrown flat with a good snap, it went just as far as a brand new G9i. It took power just as well. However, if I didn't give it enough snap or slipped the release a bit, it crashed to the ground much more willingly than a G9i.

I threw some putts as well. I'm a pitch/loft putter, and the new Wizard had a nice solid finish like a fresh G9i.

Before leaving I threw two of my G9i's and this Wizard on a soft spike line into a gravel lot. The new Wizard did get chunked up a bit, but not nearly as bad as the G9i's.

I expect to put in several rounds of 18 tomorrow so I'll throw it a bunch more and report back.

WE'RE GOOD! They finally got the plastic in. Looks like we're ready to go live.

As an update to the sample disc they sent me - yeah, it seems pretty sweet. Feels a bit different in the hand than the G9i but also seems to be more durable. At least I haven't been able to inflict that much damage to it in the past few days that I've thrown it.

Sweet. I've been purposely avoiding tracking down this thread, but now I'm getting stoked all over again. Notro, let me know what I need to do to get you paid when the time comes. Big trip coming up in 2.5 weeks- think we'll have them in hand by then?

Hope so! Depends on how fast we move on this. I'm leaving for Worlds next Friday. I'm debating just placing an order now and dealing with the numbers here later.

They're running the new run of the G9i's right now. Dave says the current run is going to be more durable and they're coming out a bit flatter. I'll talk with him more closer to 9 this evening.

Last edited:
Sounds like the new run is going to be awesome. And yea, for those of us who haven't paid yet, let us know where to send it when the time comes.

If I can snag a couple, PM me please. Could use a few more "backups", though I'm sure they will feel different from the first runs. :(

id like to be put down for 2 please... i havnt read the rest for awhile, so whats the color and stamp gonna be?

I'm still down for the 5 that I ordered. It's been a long wait, but hopefully it pays off, thanks again Notro for organizing all this.

I avoided this thread for awhile since it seemed like a crap shoot like these were never getting made.

So exactly how many of these are you ordering, what colors what weights are you requesting. Also what is the stamp.

I would order some if this would be clarified.

These will all be white, just like the initial two runs. The stamp is still up in the air. I have been bugging them about the old school G9i stamp but they can't seem to find it. I'm guessing they probably won't. If they can't find it, I was going to go with another small Wizard throwing stamp unless you guys would prefer a different stamp.

Centered or offset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts