• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Gateway Magic vs RPM Tui

Jolt

* Ace Member *
I´m putting with the Deputy and have been waiting over a year for a Lucid Deputy as my US throwing putter.

But DD refuses to release it, and the small special runs that are out is alot more stable than normal Deputys.

So have to find someting else.

Gateway Magic in Evolution Diamond or RPM Discs Tui in Atomic, Cosmic or Platinum is the two i´m looking at.

Will any of those discs fly like a Classic Deputy?

I don't know the Magic, but I have a Tui in "Champion" and one in "Star" and the have similar under stability to the Deputy.

My uncle throws the Tui, he says it's an "easy standstill flip-up 300 feet". I've seen him throw it. It's sneaky long, and flies great lines with no effort.
I've thrown the Magic quite a bit. It is nothing like the profile on a Tui, just so you know. Flies great, super glidey hyzer flip goodness.

If you want a low profile (like the Tui) Gateway option, check out the Shaman. Pretty great disc. Has the magic bottom piece and a low profile top piece. Flies like a speedy Magic.

So yeah, all good options my guy.

For a premium Magic, I would look at the Spin. Very similar profile, reliably understable when new.

Forgot the MVP Spin

Infinite has the Shaman as very overstable at 3,4,1,2 . Inbounds as US at Net -24% ?!?

Tui looks interesting but might end up buying all of the discs just to try :)

I have never thrown a deputy, but have both the Magic and Tui.
I favor the Tui over the Magic. It flys farther, bordering on a mid. It sorta flys a little like an Ultimate disc, but being smaller, feels easier to control.
It's like the anti-Envy in flight....if that makes any sense.

I hope that stream of consciousness made a bit of sense.

I recently purchased a 750 pa4. I am really enjoying it so far for shor straight and gently right turning approaches. Plus the plastic is the tits.

Well, the Tui is the fastest. .very flat disc, feels a little like a Innova Mirage in the hands but not that flippy.

The Tui turns right quite fast but comes back just at the end and lands flat. . .if i throw it 200feet.

But for those long sweeping anhyzers i like to throw . . the Tui comes out of the anhyzer. .

It´s more of a hyzerflip to straight disc for me

Evo Magic is better at holding the anhyzer all the way to the ground. . . so the two discs fly quite different and have a differnt feel in the hand..the Magic is alot deeper

PA4 is close to the Magic but the Magic hold the Anhyzer line better

My numbers:

Tui: 3,5, 4, -1,5, 1
Magic: 3, 3, -1,5, 0
PA4: 3, 3, -1, 0,5

I just orderd a Fuzion Deputy so i will test this against the magic and Tui and PA4 next week

What plastic blend did you get the Tui in? All 3 of my Magma blend Tuis has decent amount of dome on them.

I agree the magic is more US than the Tui, but I get a flip to turn flight out of it.

Last edited:
That sentence got a little wrong. . it´s not a "flat" disc, I meant that the rim is very low . . English is hard to write somtimes, particularly on Swedish Windows 10 that sees all the english words as misspelled.

I have Tui in Platinum, it has a dome. . the only disc i have that feels this way in my hands are the Innova Mirage.

I Can get it to flip and turn, but i need to put som power on it to turn all the way over and keep that flight to the ground. . i will say that +250feet power is needed for that ( new disc )

I think the word you're looking for is shallow.

300 PA4 for me was noticeably less stable than the 400 I had, and since it's base it will beat into flippier faster.

That sentence got a little wrong. . it´s not a "flat" disc, I meant that the rim is very low . . English is hard to write somtimes, particularly on Swedish Windows 10 that sees all the english words as misspelled.

I have Tui in Platinum, it has a dome. . the only disc i have that feels this way in my hands are the Innova Mirage.

I Can get it to flip and turn, but i need to put som power on it to turn all the way over and keep that flight to the ground. . i will say that +250feet power is needed for that ( new disc )

From what you are saying, I think the Magma may be a bit less stable than the Platinum. I am getting flip to turn about 225 feet and 250 is turning real nice.

English is hard, no doubt, but yours is better than many of the 'natives' on here.

Latest posts