• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Going the CLard route

I think I'm getting the "from behind you" aspect of throw in theory. But I'm not sure the application is correct. I think I'm still not timing the weight shift correctly.

Yeah big time over the top. If you are going to throw your hips forward then you need to stride your front leg with it so you can catch yourself dynamically from behind. Notice below how your chin is tilted back to your rear leg axis, which means your spine is lined up for balance on the rear leg and we see you are totally stacked up on the rear leg. See how Will's and McBeth's head is tilted different so the chin is tilted forward level to the front leg axis, this is because their hips/lower spine are braced against inside the front leg and we can see their rear knee is forward under the hip, so they have shifted balance and weight off the rear leg from the ground up underneath the head like a skier dynamically balanced in moguls. You would be so toasted.

Time change really screwed up my practice but I got a few throws in tonight. Really, REALLY trying to consciously brace and stay up right and over my toes and get the axis on the inside of the front leg and use the instep of my front feet.
These throws looked a little better. Really trying to reach back while I shift forward and plant. Also trying to keep the disc further away from my body so I stay closed longer and sling the disc instead of "throwing it"
310' with Truths and took much less effort. Also zero pain in my right knee after throwing which I think is a good sign. So I tried a couple of driver throws and got my longest flat land throw I can remember.
407' according to UDisc with a Destroyer on a slight hyzer flip and took substantially less effort. Then I tried my DDx and slammed it into the top of the fence in center field so I'm not sure how far it would've gone.
This feels like improvement but then again I'm probably not seeing things. Still looks a little over the top and too open with my shoulders.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpg
    IMG_2233.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8
Reachback timing is also off. I'm reaching back too early/not far enough which I think throws off my weight shift and brace.

I think your reachback timing is fine. You are not really fully letting your hips drive your arms. Focus only on everting the weight fully behind the brace with itty bitty amounts of muscular effort and let the hips do their thing. The arm will come. Smooth transfer of weight from behind the brace axis does it.

Eventually, if you just keep everting the weight from behind long enough, you will get a feeling of "HEAVING" some weight. Like, holy crap lets do some deadlifts in the direction of the target kind of heaving.

Need to keep turning further back later and widen your upper arm angle further away from your shoulders/chest(Door Frame drill - move your body/weight/stance further forward from the door frame until your hips/shoulders can't turn further back). You end up spinning out before you really shift anything forward so the ground up sequence is incorrect. You are trying to brace balanced behind your heel, rear view camera would show this part best, from behind tee your nose should be balanced over your toes, your nose would be more toward your heel(see One-Leg Drill and Crush the Cans).

Seems like a similar problem to his. You plant on your toes but roll to your heel?

Attachments

• IMG_2234.jpg
    IMG_2234.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 24

I've been on a form hiatus for a while due to some personal issues and playing tournaments........but after throwing again and being tired of not getting the distance and control that I need, I've decided to get back at it. I went back and read through one of slowplastics threads from a while back https://www.dgcoursereview.com/threads/127477/ The shift from behind part started clicking with me a little bit, from a standstill I would stand up straight, squat slightly, and slowly twist my rear foot counterclockwise into the ground like in the move videos, then (I don't know why I never did this earlier) I would rotate into my backswing trying to keep tension in my rear quad and stay anchored to the ground on the instep of my rear foot. This is where the "shifting your left butt cheek/hip down the target line" and timing that with the reachback kinda clicked. It's weird trying to get the timing of it. I know the video is janky and kind of dark, but this was all I had to work with today because it's snowing and terrible outside. Also I'm aware that from the waist up it looks sort of off, this was partially due to the restricted space I'm in. This is a long winded post, so I apologize, but I want to confirm that I'm on the right track so I can continue to drill this into my muscle memory.

Your body and arm are out of sequence. Can't see feet, but almost certain your stance is too wide in setup. Setup narrow stance almost feet together or shoulder width/balanced so you can stride into wider throwing stance in dynamic balance. In backswing your arm comes back before you start going forward. In the backswing you need to toss your arm swing back past you/body like using a sledgehammer or battering ram and letting the disc go to momentum and gravity.

Keep your elbow forward/upper arm wide and turn your body/hips/shoulder more back and forth to move arm/disc:
fpGByZx.png

Latest posts