• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hall of Fame Classic by MVP Disc Sports-- first NT event presented by MVP!

news_150823_hofc01.jpg

I just want to know where I can get one of these discs. Very cool.

Im sure many retailers will have them sept 4th. Wave and photon 12 speed distance drivers will be available in all weights. I am getting a handful of heavy photons if you want one shoot me a PM for a preorder.

I guess your right, though I find it hard to believe people would be traveling in on Friday, tho I suppose it really depends on the schedule. Basically I'm just trying to say that I really don't want to do warner and Jackson in 1 day.

Ideally I want to play Steady Ed last, and Jackson as the 2nd course on Saturday ... get everyone tired on Warner and then make a move on Jackson :D

Ideally I want to play Steady Ed last, and Jackson as the 2nd course on Saturday ... get everyone tired on Warner and then make a move on Jackson :D

With that schedule I would be one of the people you're making a move on. The last time I played Jackson 2nd on a 2 round day I shot an 82, one of my worst tournament rounds ever.

The last time I played Jackson 2nd on a 2 round day I shot an 82, one of my worst tournament rounds ever.

... although the last time I played Steady Ed I shot my worst tournament round (81 ... some how), so you'd come right back lol

Last edited:
The A pool includes the FPO women and quite few aging pros in the Master and GM ranks playing Open (Stan!) in this HOF event. Steady Ed is more suitable for their Blue level than Warner so they get at least one course of their three more in their wheelhouse. I suspect Shorter Warner would likely be played on Saturday along with Jackson.

I would think the priority for a 3 round national tour that determines the national tour points series would be playing courses that challenge the best players in the world. I don't understand why we are playing a "blue" course which shouldn't have as much scoring separation for gold level players.

I wish we could play Jackson friday and sunday with tee times and ed/warner on saturday in 2 pools. Ams could play tee times on Jackson saturday and they would get to spectate the pros. Seems like the best solution AND we would get to play all 3 "championship level" courses.

I'm not making the call. But if the plan was to really test the NT players based strictly on their skill levels, MPO should probably play Jackson twice and Warner long once or twice and the FPO play Steady Ed twice and Warner Short once or twice. Of course, they aren't the only divisions playing and the top women sort of prefer playing mostly the same courses as the MPO. So, the proposed schedule is likely the best compromise for all concerned. It's not like the IDGC hasn't done this format before.

And one other thing, I believe Steady Ed in its longer configurations will likely be in the upper half of all course SSAs played by MPO in all NTs played this year.

Last edited:
I'm not making the call. But if the plan was to really test the NT players based strictly on their skill levels, MPO should probably play Jackson twice and Warner long once or twice and the FPO play Steady Ed twice and Warner Short once or twice. Of course, they aren't the only divisions playing and the top women sort of prefer playing mostly the same courses as the MPO. So, the proposed schedule is likely the best compromise for all concerned. It's not like the IDGC hasn't done this format before.

I do believe it's the first time Hall of Fame has moved to a 3 round format. 2013 it was 4 rounds. Glad we agree that Warner should be played.

Not saying Warner should be played, just that it's more brutal than Steady Ed if you want to grind the NT field every round. I think Steady with Jackson is a better balance if you only play two courses there.

Not saying Warner should be played, just that it's more brutal than Steady Ed if you want to grind the NT field every round. I think Steady with Jackson is a better balance if you only play two courses there.

Given the 3 rounds instead of 4, wouldn't it make sense to play tougher courses? Also since you brought it up. How many courses at NTs this year did MPOs play that are considered "blue level" like Ed? Surely not more than 50 percent right?

Only 3 rounds for a National Tour is weak. Not playing all 3 courses is even weaker. But the weakest move of all is running an AM A Tier on the same courses at the same time and giving them more rounds than the Professional National Tour tournament. They need to quit pretending to be the PDGA and go ahead and call themselves the ADGA.

Only 3 rounds for a National Tour is weak. Not playing all 3 courses is even weaker. But the weakest move of all is running an AM A Tier on the same courses at the same time and giving them more rounds than the Professional National Tour tournament. They need to quit pretending to be the PDGA and go ahead and call themselves the ADGA.

YAGpXPd.png

Let's see, GBO, Memorial and Masters Cup NTs were all three rounds and two of those three had Ams playing the same weekend.

Let's see, GBO, Memorial and Masters Cup NTs were all three rounds and two of those three had Ams playing the same weekend.

I believe Memorial had 4 rounds for the top half of the field. Also I believe Masters Cups at least plays 3 rounds of 24 holes right?

I believe Memorial had 4 rounds for the top half of the field. Also I believe Masters Cups at least plays 3 rounds of 24 holes right?
Yep, accidentally clicked on the Memorial Am link and yes Masters had three 24 hole rounds. Still, three rounds has been considered acceptable for an NT and the IDGC isn't blazing a new trail here. The SSA average for the three HOF rounds will come in around 63 being close to if not the highest average SSA for NTs this year.

Last edited:
Yep, accidentally clicked on the Memorial Am link and yes Masters had three 24 hole rounds. Still, three rounds has been considered acceptable for an NT and the IDGC isn't blazing a new trail here.

I think they are blazing a new trail. Is there another NT that has PROS and AMS play the same venue that gives AMs 4 rounds and PROs 3?

And to answer your comment about average SSA. The key word is "Average." If you count total SSAs for NTs, I would wager that the IDGC NT would be close to if not dead last.

Last edited:
As with many of these discussions, perhaps take it up with those in charge. The thing is, they made these format choices, knowing that it would bug some people. But decided the positive trade-offs from their point of view were worth it.

As with many of these discussions, perhaps take it up with those in charge. The thing is, they made these format choices, knowing that it would bug some people. But decided the positive trade-offs from their point of view were worth it.

Thanks for responding to my comments. I hope the IDGC can learn from Nate because he ran the best event I've ever been a part of!

Yep.

I wonder what the alternative format choices, that would not bug some people, were?

I suspect that, if you just grabbed 3 random people from this forum, and laid out all the possible combinations of pools, divisions, courses, and starts (shotgun/teetime), you couldn't find one that at least 1 of the 3 wouldn't gripe about.

Yep.

I wonder what the alternative format choices, that would not bug some people, were?

I suspect that, if you just grabbed 3 random people from this forum, and laid out all the possible combinations of pools, divisions, courses, and starts (shotgun/teetime), you couldn't find one that at least 1 of the 3 wouldn't gripe about.

Sure but 3 random people from this forum aren't playing in the tournament. It's a national tour event for pros, so pros should play the most rounds. This schedule was announced after the field had already filled. I know of at least 1 1020 rated pro that decided to un-register based on this new schedule. It is what it is. This format is better for me as a 960ish rated player because we're playing a blue level course and we only play 3 rounds. I'll be there to play on Friday morning (most likely at the earliest tee time imaginable because of all of my posts).

Latest posts