• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help me to birdie this hole

sky_handy

This is the details of the hole.

120 m long with slight uphill making it played probably like 135-140 m long.
There's mild headwind most of the times.
Right side is OB with a tree on both right and left side of the fairway around 20 m from the teebox
The hole is par 3 and it's really challenging even for me to get par.

How would you birdie it?

Right side is OB with a tree on both right and left side of the fairway around 20 m from the teebox

How would you birdie it?
Depending on how strong the wind is: Roc drive to middle of the fairway ~200-225ft from the teebox. Roc upshot, drop in three. (For par)

For birdie, Valk up the gut.

A 140 m hole is 460 feet. The only way I get a deuce is to knock down my 150 foot approach. I put a more overstable disc (to help combat the headwind) into the fairway, put my second inside the circle and take my three.

How would you birdie it?

I wouldn't. It sounds like a big arm hole, there's no chance I can reach putting range from the tee. The only chance I have at a 2 is a throw in from the fairway.

Have you ever tried a roller? I'm not really into them, but I know some guys who can stretch their distance with rollers, and having the disc low to the ground should help keep it below the worst of the wind.

How would you birdie it?

120m = 393'

If I can get to 363' or closer - then I have a legit chance at putting out for a bird.

363' slight uphill, I'm taking either a TeeBird with no wind or a beat in Destroyer with a little wind and throwing it on a flat release with a slightly higher than normal trajectory, hoping to get some turn and minimum fade.

My favorite trick for max distance uphill shots: high glide, lighter discs will lift up the hill. Domey 150 class star TeeBird (mine is 159g) is perfect for this shot.

Not gonna lie, I'd take a 3 on this hole.

I've played several uphill shots in the low 300's and typically use a lighter disc with a slightly higher release and get close enough for a deuce. However at the range you've described (393-450ft) I would try a long distance drive in Blizzard or Starlite plastic, chances are I would still fall incredibly short and relay on my mid to bring home that deuce. In other words, I would be taking a 3.

You could also attempt a roller, I'm not even going to pretend I can throw rollers, but I would definitely try it in this case. Thinking maybe a star mamba, RHBH power level >9,000 and hope for the best.

How would you birdie it?

Perhaps you should instead be asking how to avoid a 4.

Avoiding a bogey is just as important as getting a birdie. On this hole, it sounds like trying to get a birdie is fruitless, and may cost you throws if it takes time away from learning to avoid a bogey.

Seems like a once a year birdie to me. I would just huck my longest neutral driver up the gut.

Latest posts