• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hit my first ace tonight!!!!

Justin Woodall

Par Member
Been playing since late April - playing a HORRIBLE round tonight, blazing hot (97 degrees, 100% humidity), missing gimme putts, 5s, 6s on some holes... till I get to #17, Tom Brown Park in Tallahassee - 248 off the tee, throwing my champion xcaliber..whammo! Ace!

Funny part - two other people had signed the catcher with champion xcals... I signed my disc instead.

Yay!

I was reading the other ace thread, went out and played a round this evening with the intention of really taking some runs at the chains on a few holes over at Youth park. It cost me some birdies as I missed the chains every time and ended up with a second shot from over 50 feet away. Ended up losing a few strokes. Just more confirmation to me that shooting for aces isn't worth the lost strokes. If they happen, awesome!

Really not trying to kill your thunder here. That is great to hear!

You should never play with others aces right? May hang the first one up if it happens so I don't get it lost like doody.

Oh it's just a disc. After I hit mine, I pretty much played exclusively with that disc for the rest of the round. Play it till it breaks.