• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 12/3/19 - Bird's Ruins DGC, Marshall, WI - #9

chevis

flick it
Silver level trusted reviewer
Bird's Ruins DGC, Marshall, WI
Rating:
32Reviews:
447 Played:
50 Favorited:
105 Wishlisted:

Course Map

Hole 9
icon_hole_vly.gif
224ft.
from
icon_crown.gif
Mocheez's review: "Some people complained that hole #9 (in the horseshoe position) is way too difficult to birdie... I like that design because it rewards good course management. A controlled shot will set you up for a manageable par while those that go for the unlikely birdie will find themselves in jail and scrambling for a bogey."
tee:
fdf08d3b.jpg

mid-fairway:
22a8b711.jpg

basket:
1362f223.jpg

Probably zone flick to start then a zone up and then putt.

Zone fh off the tee. This is a course I should have play 20 times by now and I've never managed to get there.

flare off the tee, then a likely ibex upshot

Going to go with my beat SSS 149g Wizard,

or if I am really feeling it, I will throw my 71mold MTA style and boomerang it around the corner.

This looks tricky. I'm thinking fh walrus just to pitch it into the turn and then a flick hyzerflip swift fox

Launching my fission volt wide open on a stupid hard flip-to-turnover. Should get there if it misses the trees

Rhfh soft n particle off the tee.

*Checking Google maps to see where Marshall Wi is in relation to my part of WI*

**Answer 3 hours....summer road trip? Hmmmm....***

Zone fh off the tee. This is a course I should have play 20 times by now and I've never managed to get there.

Well you should find time to get here. Bird's Ruins is my favorite course by Madison. Really awesome mix of terrain and shots. A must play IMO.

Oh, and Maverick RHBH anny, then whatever I can to get uphill to take a par. :wall:

Well you should find time to get here. Bird's Ruins is my favorite course by Madison. Really awesome mix of terrain and shots. A must play IMO.

Oh, and Maverick RHBH anny, then whatever I can to get uphill to take a par. :wall:

I haven't played Birds since it expanded to 27. Wasn't this hole redesigned and combined with another hole?

I haven't played Birds since it expanded to 27. Wasn't this hole redesigned and combined with another hole?

I believe it was. I think I played it when it was 2 separate holes but that would've been years ago. There is a tee pad down by the bottom of the "U" of the hole. I remember throwing off of that before. It's right by the edge of the pond/cattails. I don't know what it is about Bird's Ruins, but I play it more than the other Madison area courses. I just love that course. There are some cool holes on the new 9. I will say that it does play through the lower, swampier section of the prairie though. A few of these holes will gobble up discs.

Latest posts