• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

HOD 8/26/2021: Fountain Hills Park Hole #8 Fountain Hills, AZ

Bardu

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Fountain Hills Park in Fountain Hills, AZ

DGCR says:

Pin A: 222 ft
Pin B: 240 ft
Pin C: 253 ft

Tee Sign says:

Pin A: 240 ft
Pin B: 260 ft
Pin C: 272 ft

"I thought # 8 was also a very cool little hole. It's 225' or 295' with the basket sitting on a small inlet with the lake looming on three sides. The normal reasonable shot would be forehand flick out over the lake. But today with the winds blowing 10 MPH + I chose to play it very conservatively and hyser to the right side and avoid the water."

Tee
e60d5dbf.jpg

Approach
fbbe9a82.jpg

Basket to Tee
476aa903.jpg

Tee Sign
607291bf.jpg

7afa3d62.jpg

RHBH Hyzer a Champ Roc

I really like the circular tee, from a conceptual and aesthetic standpoint. But is that a pain to frame up and pour?

I'd probably go safe BH Roc layup, unless the wind was from the left and tempted me into a wild/inadvisable forehand hyzer line.

Trying to remember this hole, the Memorial layout is so different from the normal course that I can't quite figure out which one this is. 8 and 9 look really similar.

I think I threw a Wizard right up the middle on this one, landing on the upslope near the basket. If I remember correctly, it's really difficult to throw around the trees because then you need to come in at high speed onto a small mounded peninsula, surrounded by water. So you're basically guaranteed to skip into the water if you try a wide route.

Two different routes to take here depending on wind.

BH - PD hyzer route, crash it into the hill and let it skip up.
FH - MD5 or Mutant, testing the water.

RHBH Sexton Firebird. Hope to flare out onto the peninsula for a putt.

How old are these photos? The current tee signs are different, and I'm not sure this hole exists anymore with the 20 hole layout.
I think this pad is the new hole 10. Udisc has it as 259, so that's where the distance disparity is coming in.

I really like the circular tee, from a conceptual and aesthetic standpoint. But is that a pain to frame up and pour?

Framing would take a little extra time, pouring shouldn't be an issue, edging might be a bitch.

Firebird RHBH

Latest posts